cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto charge

wei-wang_1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I want to remove auto payment charge, can you send to me bill by email every month? my account number is xxxxxx. Thanks, Wei

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

15 REPLIES 15

wei-wang_1999

I saw your message, can you see my reply?

Sent. Click on the envelope next to your yellow/orange avatar and maybe the expand link below the message.

wei-wang_1999

yes, please send to me the details of a spent out card

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The voucher idea is also valid. You can get a prepaid gift card and spend it out. Register it on the account and turn on autopay. Then for your renewal you can buy vouchers or use real time payments. Vouchers can be entered dialing 611. Even if you forget to pay and autopay tries on the zero balance card then your account suspends. Pay somehow again and carry on.

Adding - I could offer you the details of a spent out card if you like. No need to spend the fee to get one.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wei-wang_1999  It's impossible to completely protect a card registered online. Best you can do is minimize the risk. Have a look at https://www.koho.ca; your risk is only as much as you deposit and PM accepts their card for the autopay reward 

@wei-wang_1999 wrote:

I just added back my credit card as autopayment as I do not want to lose data bonus, how can I protect my credit card online?

@wei-wang_1999   Yes, add the card back and enable Autopay for the $2 discount

I would say PM is as safe as other sites in terms of credit card online, at least as safe as Telus or Koodo.  There is really not much you can do to further protect it.  

I use a refillable prepaid card on the account. No one cares to steal a prepaid card. I use it for Google Pay and other online places.

When you put your card back did you turn on autopay?

@wei-wang_1999 wrote:

Hi, I just removed my credit card number from my account, are you going to email me notice for the payment in the future? Thanks,

@wei-wang_1999   No they won't email, you will just get a text.    And you might want to keep track of paying.  Please note that PM is running on 30 days cycle and NOT monthly.  So, the monthly amount due day is different, will shift after a 31 days month.  If you do not pay before the due day, your service will be suspended as PM is a prepaid provider.

Also, you removed your credit card or disable Autopay?  If you remove the credit card, you will have to either load voucher for payment or add the card back before your next payment.  Why not leave the card there and only disable Autopay?

wei-wang_1999

I just added back my credit card as autopayment as I do not want to lose data bonus, how can I protect my credit card online?

@wei-wang_1999 wrote:

Hi, I just removed my credit card number from my account, are you going to email me notice for the payment in the future? Thanks,

@wei-wang_1999 

You won't get an email each month, but Public mobile will usually text your a warning about payment due date a couple of days before payment is due. 

wei-wang_1999

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@wei-wang_1999 hello don't be surprised if your account gets hacked,please follow above advice REMOVE your account number!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wei-wang_1999   Please remove the account number.  this is an open forum and you don't want to have your account number posted here for your own protection

To remove auto payment charge? you meant to remove autopay?  You just need to logon to My Account and disable it from Payment page

For invoice, you have to open ticket with PM and have them to prepare it for you.  But this process can take 2 or 3 weeks, better to do it every 3 or 6 months and request them in batch.

To open ticket for invoice:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No bills here unless you're disabled (I think disabled are entitled to ask for a bill).

If you remove autopay then you would lose the autopay bonus data on plans =>$25. And if you are on the old rewards system you would lose the $2 autopay reward.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wei-wang_1999 no they will not send you a bill every month if you remove auto pay you will need to make a manual payment every 30 day cycle also unless you want your account hacked remove your account number ,you are on a public forum click on the little down arrow top right corner of your post to remove it 

Need Help? Let's chat.