cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBLIC MOBILE HAS CHANGED MY NUMBER WHILE I WAS OUT OF CANADA FOR 4 MONTHS

7373-J
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile has cused me a lot of inconvenience in changing my Cel number whist I was away for over 4 monthe and did not have the courtesy of mailing my SIM Card, however they did not heistate charging me every month to date. |The least they could have done was to have mailed a Sim Card. Most disappointed with Public Mobile and the 

negligent service. Was at the Laval Shopping Center today and checked with Public Agents regarding the replacement ofSim Cards, wic they informed me tha they had nothingto do with Public Mobile!!!

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah there seems to be some conflicting info here, one of those things could have happened (either you kept paying while out of the country,  or you lost your number) but theoretically not both as if one of those things occurred,  the other should not have.

There are several ways to keep your number at either no extra cost or a very minimal cost.

For instance,  if you were gone for 4 months, you could have left your plan untouched for 80-85 days and then activated it under a $15 dollar plan. And that's all you would have had to pay until you got back. You would have kept your number and then you could have upgraded to whatever plan you wanted at your next renewal.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@7373-J , Public Mobile does not unilaterally change customer's phone number under any circumstance. By chance has your account access been compromised?  As for ongoing payment, it keeps happening if the account is on auto payment.  

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@7373-J 

contact support team by private message CS_Agent  to maybe them can be recovery your old number, to start new activated with new SIM card.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Kind of strange post...

If you were paying your bill every 30 days, your service should be active and number will not change.

If your account was suspended and later closed after 90 days of no payment then you do not have your old number anymore.

Public Mobile do not have retail places anymore. Everything is on-line.

Could you please clarify what exactly is going on.

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think you'll have to keep trying until you can find an agent who understands your situation completely and help you through the entire process. Keep your informative messages short and straight to the point (I know its an emotional situation), so that they can help you more efficiently. Keep trying!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @7373-J   was was the last time you got charged?  I am afraid you have not pay for 90 days and your account was permanently closed

can you still login to My Account?  If you can not, message CS agent to confirm:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.