cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan Not getting my 250MB data allowance Please fix

Mackenzie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

MacKenzie is NOT getting her 250MB data allowance !

I checked her useage she has used under 1 MB

I am NOT a Happy Customer right now, This Is an Ongoing issue with public mobile My Wife My Daughter and myself have all had this issue

I think its time to fix this website so it works

I Was going to add data plans to my Daughters account But Not if I am not getting what I am owed

Please fix this

I find it very inconveient to have to jump through hoops to get what we have been told we will  receive with the $15 plan

Thank you Very Much

Dad for MacKenzie

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mackenzie 

So the data issue was a device issue? Enjoy your new Apple!

Mackenzie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

MacKenzie bought a new iphone the issue is fixed

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mackenzie 

The 250mb autopay data bonus is coded to the plan so it is automatically added to the account. Where are you seeing the usage as 1mb? In the self serve account? Check the daily usage pages for the two daily 12 hour data usage reports going back to the first day of the plan to see what the usage is for this 30 day cycle. If only 1mb has been used it sounds like mobile data has not been enabled on the phone or the 5mb buffer should also be showing in the data counter.

Is this an iPhone? If the carrier profile has not been updated then you will not be able to use mobile data until this is done. If you all have iPhones and have not updated the carrier profile then that would explain all of your issues in not being able to use mobile data. Check for updates and then connect to iTunes to update your carrier profile. Here is an explanation of how this works....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118#M162906

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mackenzie 

From your question, your daughter is on the $15/month plan. This plan comes with a 250mb data. Can you please clarify?

If your daughter has gone over her bonus 250mb data, you are correct that you need to top up with Add-on data. You have indicated she has under 1gb (1000mb) but she over 250mb?

Check her account under View My Usage.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Mackenzie wrote:

MacKenzie is NOT getting her 250MB data allowance !

I checked her useage she has used under 1 MB

I am NOT a Happy Customer right now, This Is an Ongoing issue with public mobile My Wife My Daughter and myself have all had this issue

I think its time to fix this website so it works

I Was going to add data plans to my Daughters account But Not if I am not getting what I am owed

Please fix this

I find it very inconveient to have to jump through hoops to get what we have been told we will  receive with the $15 plan

Thank you Very Much

Dad for MacKenzie

Is it possible to reset or record  Mackenzies data counter on phone when plan renews or review the main page of her account? Perhaps Mackenzie uses it all up in a couple of days? When used up the data line in your My Account disappears......or check on her My Account and look at her usage......will show as WEB. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mackenzie   Login to My Account and check.

On the front page, there is a section My Data & Add-ons, check if you see a line about 250Mb at 3G Speed:

E-MyAcc-$15Plan Add-ons.png

It tells you how much you used. 

If you DO NOT see such line, it means you have used up the 250MB.  If so, now you head over the Usage History page and filter from the first day of the current cycle (please remember NOT current month, PM is running on 30 days cycle and the cycle start date can be any day, not necessary the 1st of each month).  Filter for the current cycle and look for Web traffic and try to add them up to see how much you used.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mackenzie This is a community based platform (We are all customers). If you have any details regarding your account, you need to private message the CS_Agent by click on the envelop icon and send to "CS_Agent". They will get back to you within 72 hours. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mackenzie  - we are all customers/members like you here on the forum.

You are right, the $15 plan does come with 250mb.

Have you never been able to use data since activated?

Do you see the data line item listed under your overview section in self serve.

Like below?

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

If you see data there make sure your DATA option is turn on in the device settings, try a reboot of your phone, and try performing a reset of your network settings.

Also, you can confirm the apn settings are correct:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=apn

Need Help? Let's chat.