cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH THE USED PHONE I PURCHASED FOR PM WEBSITE

Shadow3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

THE USED PHONE NEEDS A SOFTWARE UPGRADE BUT IT WONT CONNECT TO MY INTERNET PROVIDER

I TRIED AN OVERSEAS CALL AND GOT A NESSAGE FROM TELUS THAT THE CALL CANNOT BE DIALED 

IF I AM A  PM CUSTOMER WHY DO I GET TELUS MESSAGES. THE PHONE CAME IN A TELUS BOX.

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Shadow3 

you have posted similar thing yesterday but you didn't provide updates.. do you have trouble joining home internet to ypdate the OS?

for overseas call, which country you are calling? PL cannot make call to all countries,  just selected one

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Shadow3   Did you add 011 or + in front of the country area code before dialing the overseas number?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Shadow3 wrote:

THE USED PHONE NEEDS A SOFTWARE UPGRADE BUT IT WONT CONNECT TO MY INTERNET PROVIDER

I TRIED AN OVERSEAS CALL AND GOT A NESSAGE FROM TELUS THAT THE CALL CANNOT BE DIALED 

IF I AM A  PM CUSTOMER WHY DO I GET TELUS MESSAGES. THE PHONE CAME IN A TELUS BOX.

@Shadow3 

Some additional details would go a LONG way to helping....

What type of phone is it? 

By "internet provider", do you mean your home internet service, or mobile data?

If you swipe down from top, is there not a Wi-Fi icon there?   When you tap that, does the list of available Wi-Fi networks not populate on a list?

Which overseas country were you trying to call?  (presume you have an international long-distance add-on which includes that country...)

TELUS=Koodo=Public Mobile.  The devices they sell here are overstock TELUS / Koodo devices.   Public Mobile doesn't provide phones as part of their plan offerings.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Shadow3 - connecting your phone to your wifi internet provider should be just entering your network name and password on the device...does that not work?

You can only call overseas if you have the appropriate addon and the country is included in that addon. What country are you calling and what addons do you have?

Have you factory reset your phone you purchased from Public before you started to customize the phone by chance?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shadow3 @You will need to contact  support to get resolved / if phone needs repair or replacement 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

edit public mobile is Telus /Koodo same umbrella 

Need Help? Let's chat.