cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM service not connecting (?because of esim) after using another service's esim

coffeewithmilk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, I have a bit of an odd issue that I do not know what the root cause is:

I went for an out-of-country trip and used an esim service (Airlo) for data while I was there, and turned off my Public Mobile line (I was conscious to not delete the PM esim). Now I am back in Canada but I am not able to connect to PM service for voice or data even after I turned the PM line back on. 

What I did was "Cellular --> Sims (the PM line) --> turn on this line". No voice or data connection. I tried toggling with the settings, and the only thing I am able to change is turning the "automatic network selection off" but PM is not on the list of service providers to choose from. 

Does this mean my PM eSim was deleted? Should I just get a physical sim to prevent this from happening again? Your help is much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@coffeewithmilk 

Hmmm, it could be deleted but check whether your account is still active/subscribed by login to your account or dial 611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC and check status.

If it is active/subscribed then try rebooting your phone by powering off then back on and see if that works.

If all fails, private message a CS_Agent at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Keep in mind that Agents were swamped due to new members with Black Friday deals and porting issues these last couple of days.

coffeewithmilk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent  please help!

Need Help? Let's chat.