cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM as eSIM, Koodo physical: no data/texts during calls

katana13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Only when I set PM as primary, (testing if I want to port my number over to PM and cancel my Koodo) - I can't receive any texts till my phonecall is finished and also can't browse internet at the same time as a call. I don't have any issues with Koodo. I'm using a galaxy s24 plus, esim public mobile and physical sim for Koodo. If I set my Koodo as primary, no issues. Wondering if this is a common thing or some obscure setting somewhere on my phone

2 REPLIES 2

katana13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I've tried disabling the Koodo sim in SIM manager and data is fine during a call with only the PM esim. I have it as auto connect for network on both SIM, PM shows as 5G. If I make a call with both SIM and PM set as primary, and disable data switching : 5G symbol disappears, no data, can't browse our connect anything. 

So it seems like data on PM dies with a secondary sim enabled during calls. The fact it works with data switching on means it's falling back on Koodo sim for data during my phone calls

softech
Oracle
Oracle

hi @katana13 

best to test the PM eSIM with the Koodo sim removed 

Then with PM eSIM, make sure it is set to Automatic and you should be able to voice call and browse internet at the same time 

Or test this, turn off work, check if the phone showing 5G or LTE.  Then make calls and see if the phone still showing LTE

Need Help? Let's chat.