cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM account holder, new phone and new SIM, want to keep same number

NS_luv_PM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all. I got a new phone and SIM. I would like to deactivate my old phone, activate the new SIM and keep my number with my original PM plan. I just want to make sure I do that all correctly. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

NS_luv_PM

Thanks. That is exactly what I did and everything is working fine with the new phone. Nice suggestions for my spare SIM and old phone.

NS_luv_PM

Thank you for your reply and that of others. It turned out as you said, the SIM turned into a nano. I will keep the next card for a spare. Everything is working fine with my new phone and my original SIM. 👌

@Tsawwassen wrote:

@NS_luv_PM wrote:

I wasn't sure it would work/fit. Lol so I bought a new SIM. I will try it. I am going from a Samsung S5 Neo to a Samsung A53.

Yes it will work hassle free - return or keep the new sim for another phone.

SIM cards can't be returned.

@NS_luv_PM 

Your old Samsung S5 Neo uses a micro size SIM and your new Samsung A53 use a nano size SIM.

So careful remove the spacer from the micro size and don’t scratch the copper side.

You should be good to go and pop the SIM in the A53.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Put old sim into new phone. 

Reboot new phone. 

You may have to set APN settings. 

Keep new SIM card as a spare or use to entice a referral. 

Old phone reset it to out of box and sell it or keep as spare. 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@NS_luv_PM 

If I were you, I'd use the new sim card that you have already.

Why not start fresh, with a new phone and sim card as well.

It only makes a lot of sense.

@NS_luv_PM wrote:

I wasn't sure it would work/fit. Lol so I bought a new SIM. I will try it. I am going from a Samsung S5 Neo to a Samsung A53.

@NS_luv_PM   Oh, S5 Neo use Micro sim while A53 needs nano

So,  pull the sim card out from S5 Neo and see if there is a "frame" outside you can pop it off to make it a nano sim.  There should be one.

Just in case , there is none, then you will need to use the new sim card.   Login to My Account, go to Quick Link menu on top right and then click Change Sim card and follow the steps.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Kind of confusing question...

Do you port your number from another company?

Do you already have PM account with active SIM? In this case you just take existing active PM SIM in plug in into new phone.

Please clarify what exactly you have and try to do.

@NS_luv_PM 

SIM cards usually have little adapter tabs that can be added or removed so that they can be used among various devices.

If you do not have these adapter cards and need to make it bigger, many Mobile stores will have them at the counter.

HALIMACS_0-1670863971230.png

HALIMACS_1-1670863991185.jpeg

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NS_luv_PM wrote:

Yes it will work hassle free - return or keep the new sim for another phone.

NS_luv_PM

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NS_luv_PM    you don't really need to use the new sim card as long as the size of the sim fits

pull the sim card out from the old phone, then insert into the new one and this is all you need (again, unless the sim size is the problem)

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why not just hassle free install your old Sim in your new phone? By doing this you will retain your existing phone number and PM plan.  

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@NS_luv_PM 

Just login to your account and do a Sim card change. 

Don't try to activate the sim card.

Try doing it on a computer or laptop, because doing it with your mobile phone won't work.

Your same phone number will then be attached to your new sim card number.

When you login to your account try using a browser in incognito or private mode instead.

You'll have better success doing it that way.  

Need Help? Let's chat.