12-04-2016 01:05 AM - edited 01-05-2022 01:09 AM
12-04-2016 08:12 PM
This all adds up to BAIT-N-SWITCH tactics:
The bait portion was, a resonably priced cell phone, with ZERO "HUMAN" customer service. Something most people can live with.
The switch portion is, give them NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and leave them hanging. Having a piss poor system(s) in place for dealing with such issues, with no way to PRIORTIZE customer service other than having them NAG you ON FORUMS.
Whatever people are saying good about PM is because they have no issues.
IF I was PM, I would offer my employees deals to work as much OVERTIME as possible (of course if they wanted) to fix this issue. I would offer up *FREE* service to people affected by outages longer than 48 hours.
I'm surprised TELUS OWNS this company and is backing the way they are chosing to handle the support issues.
I feel for EVERYONE in the same boat as myself, who, is recieving nothing as of yet.
There is no way PM should hold any more PROMOS until they get their stuff in order. 24-48 hours (business days) MAXIMUM TIME FOR A RESPONSE. PERIOD. NO EXCUSES.
12-04-2016 06:07 PM
12-04-2016 02:23 PM
@KK @mimmo I believe the Contact Us webform, aka tech supporg email, is totally separated from Moderator contact. Prior to the support fiasco caused by the promo the "system" was working well. What was the system, you may well wonder?
1. Post to the forum for member support.
2. Member support insufficient during moderator hours of coverage, then tag any moderator
3. Member support insufficient outside moderator hours of coverage, then use webform in Contact Us OR use #2 and wait for the morrow.
- Coverage hours currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
- Resolution was nearly always within 24 hours for #3, and 5 hours for #2
- There had been discussion about private messaging vs tagging (to save time) but it was really a mute point considering resolution time.
- I am extremely pessimistic that any system "upgrades" can diminish port-in problems, but may actually trigger more unusual really bad bugs; like the new bug.
12-04-2016 02:05 PM
12-04-2016 11:41 AM
I think they want to keep the forum as the first line of customer support, ie community members hepling other members first. as often solutions can be found here, Once that fails i think people should then be instrutced to use the ticket system(once it is implemeted) and not send private messages.
This way mods will also be able to jump into the forum when they have time.
12-04-2016 11:25 AM
12-04-2016 11:19 AM
12-04-2016 01:33 AM
the orriginal model was to
1) post in forum
2) if no solution send private message
3) issue fixed
I agree with you model is broken, PM knows this and will fix it eventually. I think biggest issue however is sending messages multiple times to multiple people repetedly. 1 message should be enough.
Also another problem is sending incoplete information to the mods, and undescriptive subject lines.
12-04-2016 01:12 AM - edited 12-04-2016 01:15 AM
A ticket system to any major issues was suggested in the public lab I believe. Also Dave_M had made a post about the update on support on Thursday.
I think they have realized the support needs to be streamlined into a more seamless system after all the promo plan issues they have faced.