cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booth clerk set up auto pay but used a wrong number, now i cant access self serve to cancel

alexanderguzzi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I had my account initially set up by a WOW! Mobile merchant on November 19th, who improperly copied information from my previous telus account, and after waiting a day, the sim card was still not active, and that night I also managed to lose my phone including that sim card.

The next morning my mum received a call from WOW! Mobile informing her that the merchant had mistakenly set my new number to a wrong number, my parents old home phone number to be exact, which is no longer in operation, and that is why my phone service has not yet been working, and asked her to tell me to contact a public mobile moderator in order to fix the issue.

Because I never received a verification code on my cell phone in order to finish setting up a self serve account, due to the service being sent to a different number than my own, I have not been able to set up a self serve account or fix any problems on my own.

I have been having a hard time getting a hold of anyone who can help, as the WOW! Mobile clerks said that I have to take it up with the company, and online, I haven't gotten much of a response after numerous messages to moderators.

I no longer have the phone, nor knowledge that the account ever successfully activated in the first place due to an employee mistake, and I would like to at the very least cancel the authorized payments, and phone plan, and would like to also be refunded by the company for charging me 33.60$ CAD for a broken and never operational account at the fault of the WOW! Mobile employees improper conduct. 

I am very worried that I have been and will continue to be charged for nothing, indefinitely unless this gets resolved, and I would hope it would as soon as possible. Please help! Thank you for your time.

Alex Guzzi

3 REPLIES 3

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is one hot mess.  I would go back to wow mobile and get them to restore everything to original condition and restart from the beginning.

I hope you find your phone to restore some normalcy in your life. Very stressfull I bet. Contact @CS_Agent for help.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@alexanderguzzi  First of all you should ask WOW to refund the cost of the plan since they messed up the port. Public is not at fault here.

Hooefully you know the PIN on that account. If yes, then call 1-855-4PUBLIC enter the number (old home number) and follow the prompts to cancel AutoPay.

Need Help? Let's chat.