cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM 4G plands and US Roaming

SteveKincade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, Can I get a clear answer here. If I upgrade to the new PM 4G plans, with this solve the 3G US roaming shutdown problem? In other words, will I still have issues making voice calls in the US if I am on a PM 4G plan?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @SteveKincade the 4G plan we talk about with PM is a 4G speed plan.  Whether you take 3G or 4G speed plan, when you use the system in Canada or roaming, voice always using 3G system and Data and text use 4G system

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Not until the company enables volte. Data and text works on T-Mobile 4G LTE. Talk will only work on T-Mobile 2G GSM.

@SteveKincade wrote:

So, is there a 4G roaming plan?

4g roaming is available in the U.S.if you buy a roaming add-on.  There is no specific add-on for 4g. 

SteveKincade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, is there a 4G roaming plan?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SteveKincade  

NO

the 4G and 3G service is about plan speed.  our 3G plan can use LTE (4G) network anyway

The trouble with the 3G roaming is that our voice needs 3G and we don't have VoLTE.  US's T-Mobile still has the 2G network and our voice can use that.  But trouble is their 2G network is not covering everywhere and not working very well.  So, it could be hit or miss

So, upgrading 4G plan won't solve the voice roaming situation

Need Help? Let's chat.