cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!! sim card is not working

Terrillcullen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, i recent signed up for Public Mobile in March.30th 2020 as i lost my old phone and simcard. I decided to have a new account created and signed up for pre-authorized payments. I have no service now and the website will not allow me to sign in so i have no access to my account at all to add a new sim card or get my phone working again. If someone could contact me and get this resolved ASAP it would be much appreciated. 

Thank You

13 REPLIES 13

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Terrillcullen,

If you still need assistance, send private message to our Team.

Public Mobile

Do the moderators and Public Mobile now prefer that customers send a private message or to open a ticket using SIMon?

I have been noticing that moderators are answering in the forums lately.  What's going on?

My question was mainly rhetoricial. Tickets shouldn't usually be opened by sending a private message. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Terrillcullen,

Public Mobile

Do the moderators and Public Mobile now prefer that customers send a private message or to open a ticket using SIMon?

I have been noticing that moderators are answering in the forums lately.  What's going on?

@RosieR   That usually happens when new moderators have been hired....I think it's just part of their training. 

Or perhaps, they're all caught up with problems/issues from customers at that moment and are just looking for something to do? 😁

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Terrillcullen,

Public Mobile

@CS_Agent wrote:

Terrillcullen,

Public Mobile

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Terrillcullen,

Public Mobile

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Terrillcullen 

You will need to contact a moderator through the SIMon Chat bubble and ask to contact a moderator to do the following:

- You will need to access your old account to cancel your lost PM SIM.

- Update your new PM SIM on your newly create account.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Terrillcullen wrote:

Hello, i recent signed up for Public Mobile in March.30th 2020 as i lost my old phone and simcard. I decided to have a new account created and signed up for pre-authorized payments. I have no service now and the website will not allow me to sign in so i have no access to my account at all to add a new sim card or get my phone working again. If someone could contact me and get this resolved ASAP it would be much appreciated. 

Thank You

Hi @Terrillcullen sorry to hear you are having some issues/problems regarding your account.

ok, let's see if I understand your situation.

- you joined Public Mobile on March 30, 2020

- you recently lost your phone and thus also lost your sim card

- you bought a new sim card BUT instead of just changing your sim card through the moderators (which is the correct way)...

- you (instead) activated the new sim card and created a new account.

- And now you don't have service

Is that correct?  May I ask if you completed the activation of your new sim card?  Did you submit a new email, because the old email would not be accepted?  Was your credit card charged for the new activation?  Did you receive a Welcome email from PM?

If new activation was not completed, then your new activation failed.  Hence, you don't have a new account.  Then it is still possible to just change the sim card in your old account and keep your phone number.

To change your sim card, it is now done through the moderators.

"Unfortunately, SIM card changes are currently unavailable through Self-serve. To change your SIM card, please reach out to us at publicmobile.ca/chatbot and type SIM card swap."

Please keep us posted.  thanks in advance

RosieR

@Terrillcullen 

When you call 611 what does it tell you?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Terrillcullen 

If you purchased a new SIM card and phone and have already gone through a new activation process, you have effectively created a second PM account.

When you did this, did you use a new email address for the activation? If so, you've got two accounts and likely have a different phone number - is that correct?

You can either maintain the two accounts (if needed) and order another SIM card to replace the first lost one, or just let the first account expire by removing the auto-pay from it (if applicable).

If you activated the second time around in store, you'll need to create a self-serve account here:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Terrillcullen 

so you can sign in to your original Self-serve account?

If so, you can open a ticket with this link to request a SIM change on your original account:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

Doing it this way, the account is the same and you get to keep your phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

first do a Clear your browser's cache.
or try a different browser

Public Mobile - Account Log In
if you still not working with you
you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to the @Moderator_Team by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

• Good Luck

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Please explain further what you have done so far? Did you activate a second SIM using a different email address? Sounds as though you have tried to create 2 accounts. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Terrillcullen You don't need to set up a new account in the first place. You have to report a lost phone in the account and get it suspended first. Which step are you in the set up process?

Need Help? Let's chat.