cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIN Activation problem

junglemonkey-98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello guys 🙂 I'm having issues activating my phone plan. I don't know the PIN that I am being asked to enter on the my phones home screen to activate the plan. I tried to enter the number that was on the Sim card but that didn't work. Any suggestions? 

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@junglemonkey-98 : There's a box during the activation process to create your own 4 digit PIN. If you've activated then you did that. But we're still not clear which PIN you're talking about.

Edit: I think there might be some terminology issues here. And apparently I'm repeating things. Activation is setting up the account and the login and the PIN and paying and all that.

The phone is just the device to use the SIM in to connect to the network that the SIM belongs to. You don't activate a phone. You activate a SIM to an account. Then you use the SIM in a phone. I think your phone is asking for some kind of code. We need to know exactly what it's asking for to direct you to the right place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@junglemonkey-98 wrote:

I did the whole sign up process already, nowhere mentioned was a 4 pin number. 

@junglemonkey-98 

then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

junglemonkey-98

I did the whole sign up process already, nowhere mentioned was a 4 pin number. 

@junglemonkey-98 wrote:

I don't know how to do that, during the sign up there was no mention of a 4 digit pin and nowhere about a 4 digit pin on my account information.

What is the exact message about the PIN?  It sounds like it is a carrier lock PUK or SIM PUK but you need to provide us the exact message for us to help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@junglemonkey-98 wrote:

No I cant, my phone is not yet activated, my mother tested that out by calling me. I believe it has something to do with my PIN not being activated. I don't even know what to put in for my PIN, besides the numbers on my SIM card. 

@junglemonkey-98 

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

junglemonkey-98

I don't know how to do that, during the sign up there was no mention of a 4 digit pin and nowhere about a 4 digit pin on my account information.

junglemonkey-98

No I cant, my phone is not yet activated, my mother tested that out by calling me. I believe it has something to do with my PIN not being activated. I don't even know what to put in for my PIN, besides the numbers on my SIM card. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@junglemonkey-98...several Community Forum members have taken time to try to solve your conundrum. Wether you've had success or not, please keep us informed as it helps with future questions like yours.

Welcome to PM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@junglemonkey-98   just to clarify, you have gone through the activation portal and can activate without issue?  you just have trouble to get into the phone after putting the PM SIM?

what was the exact error message?  was the phone used on another provider before without issue?  What is the old provider used on this phone?

If it only ask you the PIN after you put in the PM SIM,  it might be a carrier lock. and you have to ask the provider where you bought the phone from to give you the PIN.  what kind of phone is that?  you account with the old provider still active?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@junglemonkey-98 wrote:

Hello guys 🙂 I'm having issues activating my phone plan. I don't know the PIN that I am being asked to enter on the my phones home screen to activate the plan. I tried to enter the number that was on the Sim card but that didn't work. Any suggestions? 

@junglemonkey-98 

Did you complete the online activation process (found here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation) and get charged for the SIM card activation?

IF yes, then is your phone unlocked from the previous provider?

Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Other things to try:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

Anonymous
Not applicable

@junglemonkey-98 

you need to create account 4 digit pin, to you when need to contact customer service support, then you need it..

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@junglemonkey-98 wrote:

@junglemonkey-98 

If you can't remember the PIN, you'll need to ask for CS help:

Spoiler

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Edit: What is the exact message you get on your screen?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@junglemonkey-98 wrote:

When you activated the account, it asked you to create a 4 digit pin number. Try that one.

Need Help? Let's chat.