cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay Reward

ET138
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think I have been short paid one month AutoPay Reward, but the CS-agent disagreed.  

Re: Ticket ID:205930-547 Payment / Transaction / Promo Issue B2013-A

Here is my massage to the CS_Ageny:

"Hi,

Referring to the Transaction History in my account:

In Sept. 2021, these are the transactions:

Sep 9, 2021

$10 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 10 $

$10.00

$12.00

Sep 8, 2021

AutoPay Reward

$2.00

$2.00

Sep 8, 2021

3GB at 3G Speed/3Go à la vitesse 3G

$25.00

$0.00

Sep 8, 2021

30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours

$10.00

$25.00

Sep 8, 2021

Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit

$35.00

$35.00

Note that the Sep 8, 2021 AutoPay Reward was for Sep, 2021.

In Oct. 2021, these are the transactions:

Oct 8, 2021

$25.00

$0.00

Oct 8, 2021

$10.00

$25.00

Oct 8, 2021

Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.

$23.00

$35.00

Note that there is NO AutoPay Reward for Oct., 2021.

In Nov. 2021, these are the transactions:

Nov 7, 2021

$25.00

$0.00

Nov 7, 2021

$10.00

$25.00

Nov 7, 2021

$33.00

$35.00

Nov 7, 2021

AutoPay Reward

$2.00

$2.00

Note that the Nov. 7, 2021 AutoPay Reward was for Nov, 2021.

As you can see, for the last 3 months, AutoPay Reward has only been given 2 times (Sep & Nov).  That means AutoPay Reward is missing in my Oct, payment.  Please review.  Thanks."

This is her response:

"Hello again

That's correct the 2$ Autopay reward can not apply to first month. 

If you check the transactions the 2$ Autopay reward was offered

after you complete the activation, so your first bill cycle was

8th of September until 8th of October- and for this time you haven't receive the bonus

then for the second bill cycle 8th of October until 7th of November  you have 

received 2$ Autopay reward which the system automatically credit it to you on 8th of September."

Am I right or am I wrong?  Every one of my friends received Autopay Reward every month including the first month.  Besides, according to my transaction history above, it is the second month (October) that the AutoPay Reward is missing, not the first month (September).

Please help me understand, thanks.

22 REPLIES 22

ET138

Just want to update everyone that my problem has been resolved.  Another CS_Agent took over my case and applied the $2 AutoPay Reward back into my account.

The agent did remind me about the AutoPay Reward glitch related to account suspension via lost/stolen.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

@ET138 

You are correct. If you had not opted in for autopay upon activation the autopay reward would have not automatically been applied as a credit and available for use in your available funds.

The first autopay reward is applied after activation as a credit. The pending $2 autopay reward for the next renewal should appear immediately in your rewards both on your overview page and your rewards page.

My question to you at this point is: Did you ever briefly suspend your account via lost/stolen between your activation and your first renewal? If so this would explain why it was not applied at renewal because there is a glitch causing all rewards to not apply when you suspend your account via lost/stolen. As a result you must contact customer support after renewal to have your rewards applied manually.

If this is not the case then I cannot explain why you didn't get it but you still earned it and deserve to have it applied. Autopay only needs to be enabled on the 30th day of your cycle to qualify for the $2 reward. The fact that your outstanding plan amount was paid by automatic top up proves it was enabled. (Unless you had removed autopay before midnight eastern and re-enabled it before 2am eastern in time for autopay to charge your card.....that would be the only other logical reason for the $2 reward to not be applied at renewal.)

If the CSA still refuses to see your side of the issue simply say "Thank you for your time. Have a nice day. Please feel free to send me a review link." Then open a new support ticket for a second opinion. Once you get the $2 reward applied with the second CSA and fill out their review link then go back to the original CSA's review link and fill that one out.

Giving pm honest feedback about individual CSA's is the only way pm can improve customer service and provide additional training to customer support team members that need it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ET138 : Good luck to you. Even the payment history line saying Automatic Top-up means autopay.

I suppose it's remotely possible that they've stopped the doubled autopay payout thinking that the initial one does it. But I would think that would deserve an official response for such a change from what it's been all this time. And you have the policy proof in their own documentation.

Of course everything a business does can be subject to change at any time without notice, but come on.

ET138

I have just written back to the same CS_Agent, hoping that she can understand my point, so that in the future she can better handle other new members with the same problem.

This is my reply to her:

Referring to PM's "Rewards FAQs" : 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

"When Are Rewards Applied To My Account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed."

I did activate AutoPay at the time of activation (Sep 8), and on the same day $2 AutoPay reward was credited to my account.  Exactly as described in "Reward FAQs":  "If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation."  So the $2 AutoPay reward on Sep 8 was my first AutoPay reward credited back to me for the first period.

Then in the "Reward FAQs" it continues to state that:  "After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed."  That means I should have been given a $2 AutoPay reward on Oct 8 before the payment was processed, but it was not there.  The reason I paid $23 instead of $35 was because of the balance in my account which were from my first AutoPay reward ($2) during activation on Sep 8 and my $10 Referral Credit on Sep 9.

If you look at my Nov renewal, I did receive the $2 AutoPay reward right on Nov 7, the same day as the payment was processed, exactly as described in your "Rewards FAQs".

So the only problem is with my Oct renewal, the $2 AutoPay reward is missing."

Good luck to me!  🙂

@ET138  From other members' comment,  if you opt in Autopay during activation, it does sound like you should have one more Autopay reward.   I understand you already open a ticket but the reply wasn't what you want.  I suggest you open another ticket and try to get another review.  You might even request to have a senior support to take care of your case.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

ET138

Referring to PM's "Rewards FAQs" : 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

"When Are Rewards Applied To My Account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed."

I did activate AutoPay at the time of activation (Sep 8), and on the same day $2 AutoPay reward was credited to my account.  Exactly as described in Reward FAQs:  "If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation."

However, at the renewal date in Oct, the AutoPay reward was missing before payment was processed; contradicting to the description in Reward FAQS:  "After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed."

To me, it is quite clear that my Oct AutoPay reward is missing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The OP is correct to conclude that they didn't get the Oct 8 reward.

Whether they activated on Sep 8 or not. That's how the initial autopay reward shows up anyway.

I wonder if opt in for Autopay during activation instead of AFTER might be the difference in OP case.  Let's hope OP come back and confirm when he enabled autopay

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@ET138   Unless I'm missing something in your post, your second month's payment should have been $21 (not $23) as you should have received two autopay rewards totaling $4 plus RAF $10.   So yes you are missing one autopay and I'd follow up with customer support.

@ET138  I concur with @dabr ...at least that is how I see it.

This, meaning, is only if you activated with AUTOPAY enabled. 

So if that ticket is closed, then I would ask another CSA to look into it and open another ticket.

If the ticket is open still, reply to it, but include CS_Agent in the TO line of your message. This will go to the Customer Support Team, not just the one agent that replied to you last time.

@softech wrote:

@ET138   If you activated in Sept 8 and you renewed on Oct 8 and Nov 7, then Autopay $2 off twice make sense.  Autopay might not apply for the activation payment.

BUT.... I think I was reading some posts discussing about that first month's  Autopay $2 earlier this week.  I forgot if PM kind enough to still apply the $2 back after.  Anyone else remember?

@softech   Autopay rewards is never applied to the first (activation) payment.  That is always full plan amount and that's why there's a doubling up of autopay ($4) to be applied for the second month's payment. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ET138 

Did you set up autopay during activation?

If you did it after (like I did) you won't get the first month credit.

t_p_0-1636660066300.png

@ET138   If you activated in Sept 8 and you renewed on Oct 8 and Nov 7, then Autopay $2 off twice make sense.  Autopay might not apply for the activation payment.

BUT.... I think I was reading some posts discussing about that first month's  Autopay $2 earlier this week.  I forgot if PM kind enough to still apply the $2 back after.  Anyone else remember?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ET138   Unless I'm missing something in your post, your second month's payment should have been $21 (not $23) as you should have received two autopay rewards totaling $4 plus RAF $10.   So yes you are missing one autopay and I'd follow up with customer support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ET138 wrote:

Should I start a new Private Message and "hope" for a new knowledgeable CS_Agent to respond to me?

@ET138 

you can try to send  Private Message with your ticket number.

@ET138 wrote:

As I mentioned in my first post, I already did submit a ticket and got a response.

Just that I do not believe she is correct.

@ET138   we have no access to your private message so we didn't see what the agent said.

but you see my breakdown above?

(again, the Autopay reward on Sept 8  is in fact for the 2nd payment..  They deposit the money earlier.  that $2 was NOT for the initial payment in Sept 8 as that was Activation.. no autopay was trigger on Sept )

ET138

As I mentioned in my first post, I already did submit a ticket and got a response.

Just that I do not believe she is correct.

ET138

Should I start a new Private Message and "hope" for a new knowledgeable CS_Agent to respond to me?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ET138   you activated on Sept 8.

Sept 8 does NOT qualify for Autopay as it was activation ,there was no Autopay used

they deposit the $2 Autopay reward on Sept 8 and $10 friend referral on Sept 9

Sep 9, 2021

$10 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 10 $

$10.00

$12.00

Sep 8, 2021

AutoPay Reward

$2.00

$2.00

So, now you have $12 credit for the next month

(again, the Autopay reward on Sept 8  is in fact for the 2nd payment..  They deposit the money earlier.  that $2 was NOT for the initial payment in Sept 8 as that was Activation.. no autopay was trigger on Sept 😎

When oct comes, it used the credit from earlier $12

In Oct. 2021, these are the transactions:

Oct 8, 2021

$25.00

$0.00

Oct 8, 2021

$10.00

$25.00

Oct 8, 2021

$23.00

$35.00

That why you are paying $23 only

Then Nov. payment .. you see the $2 there..

Nov 7, 2021

$25.00

$0.00

Nov 7, 2021

$10.00

$25.00

Nov 7, 2021

$33.00

$35.00

Nov 7, 2021

AutoPay Reward

$2.00

$2.00

you should see the same 4 lines there from now.. and maybe another line for Community reward  🙂

ET138

No, nothing changed since my first activation on Sept 8, 2021.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ET138 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

the will Add for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ET138 

Yeah, looks like your Oct reward is missing.

I think you should ask again, maybe will get a more knowledgeable CSA this time.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

[sorry.. was talking about the wrong reward earlier  :)]

did you change anything after Sept. payment and before Oct payment? like you changed credit card?  toggled Autopay? or put your account in suspension or Lost/Stolen?

Need Help? Let's chat.