cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

cmartin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been overcharged. Public Mobile has taken out 4 different payments first month I am with them. I can't a get hold of anyone to ask why and my bill does not show anything regarding the funds they took out and is very hard to understand

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmartin 

can you go sign in to Self-Serve,  to view your Account in Available Funds. $ !,

if you see there that amount, just leave it there and is will be take it on the next renewal automatically, but if you don't see it

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cmartin 

Just to clarify a few things here... this Community is a great place where users help each other.  We're users just like you so we don't have direct access to your account (hence why people are asking for screenshots to help clarify your situation).  You can reach a Public Mobile staff members under the username CS Agent but is usually best to open a ticket through the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner).

On a similar note, Public Mobile is a tier 3 low-cost/budget provider, and to help keep prices down, does not offer any "live" in-person or telephone support.  It's all done online through the Community here, whether with other users or staff.

As @mimmo and @softech have mentioned, check your Payment History to see whether you're actually getting charged 4x.  On your credit card statement, multiple charges may be authorized, but usually only the correct charges will actually post - the others will drop off.

If for some reason you're overcharged, contact a CS Agent to understand why.  Officially, there are no refunds on Top-Up amounts, but if there's something that really went wrong, the CS Agent can help.  Please note, if they grant any refunds, it can take several weeks, at which point you're back to a renewal date and will need those funds in your account... in other words, it's probably best just to leave it in your account for future renewal cycles.

Hope some of this helps!  🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you see these charges on your credit card statement or on your PM account?

Could you please provide screen shot of both (masking your personal info!)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cmartin wrote:

I have been overcharged. Public Mobile has taken out 4 different payments first month I am with them. I can't a get hold of anyone to ask why and my bill does not show anything regarding the funds they took out and is very hard to understand

@cmartin   If you go to My Account -> Payment-> Transaction History, do you see the 4 different pyaments?  or you saw the 4 payments from your credit card?  Any chance that was from the activatoin?  (Sometimes activation portal didn't response properly and peopl e tried activation again.  This happen a lot especially with activating at a retail store)

To contact the Customer Support Agent to sort the situations

(After you open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Customer Support Agent will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request Cusstomer Support Agent assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Overcharged",  then click conta ct Us and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket"

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cmartin your payment history shows only one visa charge?

Your available funds are 0$ or 2$ possibly add 10$ if you used a referral?

Your credit card statement shows 4 charges and you have no other accounts with pm?

IF yes then use the chat bot to submit a ticket , start with over charged and follow the prompts till you get to contact us.

They might eventually wsntvto see a screen shot pic of your credit card statement.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Can you post a screenshot and mask any personal information ?

Need Help? Let's chat.