cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

Mqanash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve been paying the same amount for a long time without any changes. I accidentally noticed that I’ve been charged more this month for no reason. 

7 REPLIES 7

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you're looking to walk, check out no name mobile if you have a no frills in your area or in veil of that, try PC Mobile. I would recommend freedom mobile but I hate them. I tried fizz, but they wouldn't import my number in so I canceled that.

Mqanash

I think I have a 29 CAD before tax with 10GB. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Mqanash what plan do you have?? if you have a $25 plan, there currently a $19 plan for you to get back the lost money 

and remember, you still get some savings, the 5% still a good one, just not as good as before 

Mqanash

This is my last straw to switch providers. What an embarrassing thing to do( everyone is lowering prices and PM is doing the opposite.  Thanks everyone for explaining this to me! 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Mqanash  This month everyone on the old rewards system was switched to the points system, which means that now you pay the full price of your plan but don't get $ automatically deducted.  You will need to collect points and then redeem them for a bill credit or discounted add on.  The bill credits are currently only 15 point increments.  If your plan is more than the $15 one you might want to log in and check out the plans in change subscription as some might be better than what you  have now, for example if you have a $25 plan you can now get the same for $19 (1GB but at 4G speed).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mqanash 

you might have missed the announcement back in Match about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account after renewal within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Mqanash 

you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone?   PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

Need Help? Let's chat.