cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for Add-On

Helly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On April 16 I tried to buy 1 GB of data for $15. I was charged $45.99 on my credit card and now I have $25 in my Public Mobile account. This is not what I asked for. I want a clear answer as to why this happened and I want my credit card refunded for the amount I did not ask for. Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Not sure why that would be mutually exclusive or why you think they wouldn't be able to grasp the concept, but fair enough, I will leave it at that.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JL9 sadly, you will confuse the OP more by bring rewards into the picture.  he is talking about being charged more, not expensive add-on.

@JL9 wrote:

@HALIMACS Because they obv needed and purchased an add on.. They aren't very happy bc they were charged much more than they thought they were going to be charged, whether it was a renewal or an error etc etc.. If they are on the new program they could have saved $5 on the add on... Which isn't insignificant especially when you are trying to stretch your dollar out and especially when in their mind they were gouged or excessively charged and are quite obviously pissed...

Any other questions? 

Well @JL9 , everything you write is logical if one is trying to determine a cost-effective option for purchasing add-ons.  Great observation!!!

However that doesn't appear to be the crux of the OP's reason for engaging the community.

No other questions, thank you for asking  😊

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is your plan renewal cost plus the add-on cost plus applicable taxes.

Now add-on has been purchased and now plan cost is in available funds. 

Wait for your renewal and you are good.

I guess the overcharged has nothing to do with new or old rewards system.  

I think OP has somehow loaded more than enough fund into My Account.  In OP case, it wasn't too bad, the overcharged was in fact just sitting in Available Fund.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Seems somehow $40 was added to your account. Then $15 of it went to the add-on leaving you with $25. I wonder why the $40 but may as well just leave it be.

@HALIMACS Because they obv needed and purchased an add on.. They aren't very happy bc they were charged much more than they thought they were going to be charged, whether it was a renewal or an error etc etc.. If they are on the new program they could have saved $5 on the add on... Which isn't insignificant especially when you are trying to stretch your dollar out and especially when in their mind they were gouged or excessively charged and are quite obviously pissed...

Any other questions? 

@JL9 wrote:

Are you on the old rewards program or the new one? 

Huh @JL9 

What would the rewards program have to do with the OP suggestion of excessive charges to his credit card?

Unless they stated they used points to make the purchase, however don't think that was indicated.

Are we missing a connection?

(EDIT:   perhaps you're trying to do the math with auto-pay or other cycle discounts???)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Are you on the old rewards program or the new one? 

Helly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The add-on is there and I will check the payment history.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You may be unaware, @Helly , but you're dealing with other Public Mobile customers on this forum.

The ONLY way we can inform you is if you post a screenshot of your "View Payment History" section for the past 30 days and your "Available Funds" as they display today.

This will tell us what the funds were applied against, and how it occurred.

If you'd rather hear from Public Mobile staff, send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Helly   Just to clarify you did do both steps for buying add-ons, first add funds and then make the purchase?  Also did you recently have a renewal of your plan and that's why you have a balance of $25 and no add-on was purchased?

Check under My Data/Add-ons in your account's overview page and see if you see the add-on there or check your payment history to see what the charges show.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Helly   is your next renewal coming up soon?  actually if you see the $25 setting in your account as Available Fund, it is good, it will be used towards your next renewal

if you really want to have it refund back to your credit card, it might take around 2 weeks, you can open ticket with PM Support

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.