cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged ( Tel. # 647-xxx-xxxx)

Rameshkonjier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid for 3 months for my plan $40/12 GB on 25th Oct. 2022. Yesterday I read in an article that public mobile can update old and new customers with $40/15GB plan for free and can be requested anytime. Accordingly I went to my account and opted for $40/15GB. This request was implemented but an additional amount for one month was withdrawn. Also the amount I paid on 25th Oct. was not refunded. I am 78 years old and need your help to correct my situation in my favor. If I can not buy the new plan, then please revert me to my old plan and oblige.   

------

Edited by @srlawren to remove phone number, as per community guidelines.

3 REPLIES 3

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You were given option to Change now OR Change at next renewal. If you opted for Change now...you get billed right away AND you get no credit for whatever balance is left in old plan.

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed from the remainder of the thread

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There will have been a big red warning box telling you the ramifications of having chosen change plan now.

You will need to contact support to explain the misunderstanding/mistake you made and hope (no guarantees) that they will put the first $40 back in to your balance here.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Please remove your phone number from public forum (title).

PROBLEM is - you did plan change NOW and that means your new plan starts NOW and you are charged for it.

You should Schedule plan change on next renewal and then your 15GB plan will start on next renewal and money would be taken either from your account or credit card if you are on autopay.

Since you are senior you could contact agent and explain situation that you did not understand offer and ask for adjustment/refund. Good luck and let us know if you manage to accomplish anything in your favour.

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Need Help? Let's chat.