cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharge after unsuspending account

Barnyard1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just returned from vacation and unsuspended my account, which worked fine. However, it charged me the full amount of the $15 plan without crediting for all the loyalty points etc. that were accumulated before I suspended the account.  I was paying around $11  before the suspension of account but now  it charged me around $17.  Will it be applied by the time it gets posted on my credit card? 
Thanks.

Bernie

7 REPLIES 7

Barnyard1

Thank you. I’m not too happy with the change but I will accept it unless I can find a better deal elsewhere.

Barnyard1

Then why was my bill still $11/month even after the change to the system in March? My wife is also with PM and her bill has remained the same except she will be getting the points rewards now instead of the way the old system worked.  I’m certain I’d still be paying the same if I hadn’t suspended my account.  PM should have informed me when I inquired about suspending my account. Instead I return from vacation to this unpleasant surprise.  

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Barnyard1 wrote:

I know about the new rewards system but will I have to continue paying the extra 6$/month until my new rewards build up? How soon will the rewards be credited? I was still only paying $11/mo even after the rewards system kicked in. If this will raise my bill for months to come, I would never have suspended my account as I’m going to be paying more than I saved. 

Suspending your account had nothing to do with the change to the Points system for rewards. It happened to everyone who was on the old Rewards plan. Anyone who subscribed to PM after January 2022 was on the Points system already. 

@Barnyard1 

sadly, you will have to continue paying full price $15+tax and slowly build up the credit for a one time saving after awhile.  You need to wait till 15 points to redeem for a one time $15 bill credit

if you want a constant and significant monthly saving, bring friends into PM, one friend 1 point every month

Barnyard1

I know about the new rewards system but will I have to continue paying the extra 6$/month until my new rewards build up? How soon will the rewards be credited? I was still only paying $11/mo even after the rewards system kicked in. If this will raise my bill for months to come, I would never have suspended my account as I’m going to be paying more than I saved. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Barnyard1 

you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone?   PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

@Barnyard1 

you might have missed the announcement back in March about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% back in point on your plan renewal or add-on purchases from credit card or vouchers
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will 10 points on your Anniversary day with PM every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.