cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing Calls

mmrmurphy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As of today March 2nd I am unable to make any outgoing calls. The message is 6MUI number is not in use.

What is going on? My account is in a credit balance so I have paid my last bill.

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mmrmurphy - is your renewal today? If so, I feel others are having disconnected accounts during the renewal process. Wonder what is up?

If you contacted CSA, customer support, can you loop back on this thread and let us know what the issue was?

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mmrmurphy 

The 6MU1 message normally means it's a prepaid phone number that is unavailable either due to non-payment or it's in the hold number pool. Since this is a recent issue affecting quite a few customers it's probably a technical glitch that has to be fixed by the tech team. Contact customer support and ask them to open a tech team ticket for you.

Hopefully they have already figured out how to fix it on each customers account and are working on fixing the actual glitch causing the issue on some PM accounts.

@mmrmurphy  please try what @Dunkman suggested

If still does not help, open ticket with PM support.  Again, this seems to be affecting some customers.  Have Pm support to take a look and hope they have a quick manual fix on their side

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@mmrmurphy 

@mmrmurphy wrote:

I have shut down the phone and tried again but still not able to make any calls to people on my contact list.

I imagine the same goes for incoming calls too. 

You could also try network reset of phone

Maybe also try the SIM card in another working phone. This helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

mmrmurphy

I have shut down the phone and tried again but still not able to make any calls to people on my contact list.

I imagine the same goes for incoming calls too. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mmrmurphy   is that just outgoing calls with the issue?  are incoming calls working?

There have been issue since yesterday for some people with both incoming and outgoing calls.  If it is just outgoing calls with issue, try to reboot the phone once

If both incoming and outgoing calls are not working, I suggest you to open a ticket with PM support and let them aware you are one of those, too

mmrmurphy

I have unlimited Cdn. and US calling

@mmrmurphy  Can ask support to investigate 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

mmrmurphy

My account is active. Showing a credit of 50.00. I have shut my phone off and then on again, and called 5 different contacts but still, get the same message. I am at a loss for what to do!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mmrmurphy  When you log into self serve does your account show active or suspended maybe try to reboot the device if you haven’t already also make sure your put a 1 in front on the contact 

Adding if your in the $15 plan is it possible you used up the 100 outing minutes 

Need Help? Let's chat.