cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem adding US Add-on

BoyRacer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I tried adding the US Talk and Text 15 day add on again as I'm on the last day and it wouldn't work. I transferred $15 to the account which it seems to have accepted as payment but showed $1.95 still owing (taxes), and not before I tried again and added another $15 to the account following the 'Oops something went wrong message'. So it looks like I have added $30 to the account and received nothing. Having looked at the community after this I see I have to wait until the first 0/15 is gone from the account before adding the same add-on again. I'm not sure where that leaves me and what my next steps are or what happens if there is an emergency during the 24h period I have to wait without service. If this is a known glitch, why has no one fixed it? This combined with my ever decreasing data speed is really making me start to look at other services though I love Public Mobile and have been with them a long time. Any help on my current add-on issue appreciated. Can I ge

9 REPLIES 9

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Randall1956- This has been a problem for years. The company seems to have no interest in fixing it. Not long ago, a customer reported that 12 hours was the wait period. When the 0/15 disappears you can re-buy it yourself at that time. But for those customers that can't wait then review the options I provided.

@Randall1956   the rebuy of the same US option is certainly an issue , something PM has not have a chance to fix yet

You can wait the 24 hours to try again, or a ticket to PM is needed 

@Randall1956- Option 1: ask support to re-buy it for you. Option 2: If the current add-on says 0/15 then you could buy the other bundle and then a different data bucket.

Randall1956
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same problem as you. I'm in the USA trying to add another 15 days and it is not showing up in my account after I paid $30 for 3GB roam and talk/text. I can't wait 12 hours to get this set up again.

BoyRacer

Thanks Softech. I've made the ticket even though it appears to have no relation to the problem and you can't include any details. Why is it that when PM is good it's good but when its bad its beyond terrible? I've spent more than an hour on this add-on at this point and resigned into my account to verify who I am at least 5 times in the process of trying to submit the ticket. It's a horribly cumbersome process and I still don't have a resolution to a problem I should not have had in the first place. Very frustrating! Sounds like its almost time to submit a review.

@BoyRacer   so, if you are re-buying the SAME add-on you need to wait 24 hours AFTER the first set expired (some said only 12 hours wait)

No worry, you have the money on the account, just open ticket with support and they can manually process it for you with the money you have there.

Please open ticket with them via Chatbot

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

BoyRacer

Thanks Softech. I did add to cart and paid with the credit card on file but unlike the first time I added it and it went straight through two weeks ago, this time I got an 'Oops something went wrong' message and so tried again so now I have $30 on my account as it billed the card twice. I think it is because of the glitch that doesn't allow it to be added until the 0/15 is gone from the account - though this would be helpful for PM to put in the instructions rather than me reading about it in the Community after the fact. More helpful would be for PM to fix the known glitch. Sorry, but I also have no idea what Incognito mode is. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This has been a problem for years. They can't seem to be bothered to make it work properly. The 0/15 should disappear after 12 hours. Then you can re-buy it.

The other option is to ask support to re-buy it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BoyRacer  how much you see in Available Fund now?   Please note if you are manually adding fund, if you need $15, you put in $15 and PM will add tax on top of it for you 

But for buying addon, it is a single step process now, you just need to add to cart and complete the transaction, PM will get the money via the credit card on file, you don't need to load fund ahead of time

I suggest you to wait a FULL hour first, then try again once using Incognito mode

Need Help? Let's chat.