cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other people can't receive my text messages

Bin1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear sir or madam,

Something happened to me recently. Everything was normal in past three years, but one of my friend couldn't receive my text message anymore a couple of months ago, but I could receive his, so I didn't pay much attention to it since I thought it could be a problem from his side. However, one month ago, it started happening to my boss, which caused some misunderstanding. I can still receive his text messages, but he can't receive whatever I send. Again, this happened to another friend of mine a couple of days ago. I feel I must solve this problem now before it causes too much trouble to me. I am not too sure what the problem is, so trying to get help from you now. Thank you for your patience.

Bin

13 REPLIES 13

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Bin1, have you tried changing those settings and is it working for you now?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Bin1

Perfect! vey helpful.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bin1 

BTW...if you are wondering about the new points program. Don't switch. Stick with rewards they are much better.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Bin1

Ok, thanks, will do.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Lol...you took the words right out of my mouth!

@Bin1 

These instructions courtesy of @esjliv may help you going forward.

If you turn your data off occasionally, then it is recommended to turn off iMessage altogether and use regular text messaging instead.

To do this, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off.

If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

If we resolve your issue before a CSA contacts you via private message you can send a follow up message cancelling your support request by telling them you have already resolved the issue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : lol your "signature" bit you 🙂

This whole iMessage thing just continues to astound me. Apple tries so hard to keep their owners walled into their own private garden. Anything outside...well you just have to work at it. Then you're a rebel. Not a nice compliant owner ignoring the rest of the world outside their garden.

If you are on iPhone and the person who doesn't receive your messages is in Android or someone who doesn't turn data on you will have to change your text settings to send as MMS/ sms and not iMessage

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Bin1

Thank you for letting me know this

Bin1

Thank you for your help, but I am with an iphone, I don't actually see the chat features anywhere in the message setting of message thread.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bin1 

Customer support can only advise you as we can. They cannot fix your issue as this is a device issue not an account issue. We can continue to help you troubleshoot or you can wait for a CSA to do the same but take much longer to resolve the issue because they do not immediately respond to your messages. The choice is yours.

Bin1

Thank you for your help, I have submitted a ticket.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Did you turn on the chat feature by mistake one that contact?  If you go into that conversation hit settings and select send as SMS/MMS

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bin1 

You could have accidently turned on chat features. Are the message bubbles dark blue instead of light blue? If so go into your message settings of your contacts message thread and turn off chat features.

Need Help? Let's chat.