cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm Your Identity

TS5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to confirm my identity but I never get a text with the 6 digit code to get full access.  I keep resending code but it does not work.  I currently can phone people right now but people cannot phone me and I cannot send text messages. Where do I go from here.  

Screenshot_20240704_101129_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Ervy

I’m assuming you’re porting a number over to PM. If yes:

1. Before removing the old SIM card, you should have received a text message from your old provider asking you to confirm that you’re porting your number over, and you have to reply yes.

2. Once that’s completed, you need to remove the old SIM card and restart your phone, that way your phone understands to use the PM SIM card (physical or eSIM, whichever you choose).

After restarting your phone, your phone should connect to the PM signal, and you should get a text message from PM telling you that you should restart your phone… clearly there’s a little glitch with their customer journey map that they might or might not be aware of.

TS5

I hit resend code but does not give me option to do email. Did not receive text message from old company

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You need to contact customer support. 

You can message support from here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Make sure to keep an eye on your community inbox to see when support responds.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@TS5, try the option to Resend code but choose by email. It sounds like your number porting is likely still in progress. Did you receive a text message from your old company asking to port your number? and if so, did you respond Yes within 90 minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.