cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard: Telus = PM?

neoceltic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been window shopping at Orchard. I see that the selection in the Telus section is greather than in the Public Mobile section. Shouldn't Telus or Koodo work as well with PM? Any Telus phone would be compatible with PM?

What I am specifically thinking about is the iphone 5s. There are none in PM but they do show up in Telus. Is there something about the 's' that is incompatible with PM?

3 REPLIES 3

@neoceltic Assuming their websites are correct the big advantage of a "PM" phone is a new battery. For iPhones that is $99 from Apple. A smaller benefit is the PM SIM and APN settings already done. We use our iPhone as the only phone in the household and its original battery was replaced after 3 years.

On the regular website Orchard only promises good battery life with replacemnt if it fails in first year.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Each Orchard phone comes with a SIM card for the carrier on which it's intended to operate. If you were to purchase a phone with a card meant for Telus or Koodo, you would need a PM SIM card to replace it.

Cheers.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Phones locked to Telus or koodo will work PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.