cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Plus 5T IMEI search indicates phone will not work on Public Mobile network

MyrtleCove
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased a One Plus 5T 128gb mobile phone and was hoping to sign up as a Public Mobile customer. I did the online search of my IMEI number to see if the phone would work on your network and the resulting message seemed to suggest I cannot get onto your network with this phone. It is not locked and I already have a SIM card from when I tried to get onto Public 6 months ago (but had a locked phone, so it would not work). Please let me know ASAP if I can get onto your network. I will be very disappointed, if NOT!

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MyrtleCove as @ShawnC13 mentioned, I've been using the 128GB OnePlus 5T on Public Mobile literally since it came out.  Ordered 6AM pacific on Nov 21, was delivered to my office the next afternoon and in my hands that evening.  Zero issues using the phone with Public Mobile.  

Were you one of the lucky ones that got a sandstone white one? They sold out in about an hour or so IIRC.  

If you have any 5T related questions (or PM ones!) don't hesitate to tag me in a post here or send me a private message.  Happy to help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It doesn't support 2G, but Telus doesn't use 2G anyway. Public Mobile runs off the Telus towers. Also as stated previously, if you activated the SIM 6 months ago, you will need a new one if your plan at any time was inactive for 90 days. I imagine it was, as you couldn't use your locked phone. 

GC

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@MyrtleCove, sorry to hear that you are having a bad experience.  The IMEI checker has been known to give out false results in the past.  The OnePlus5T will work with the network as @Luddite has mentioned.  One of our great community Members @srlawren has this thread https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Confirmed-OnePlus-5T-works-great-on-P... it looks like a great phone and was what I almost went with before I decided on the Essential PH-1

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

marsbar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Beat me to it.

It will work on 3G and 4GLTE network but there won't be the fall-back to 2G that sometimes you run into with Rogers/Bell.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Based on https://willmyphonework.net that phone should be fine. If you activated that SIM 6 months ago but then did not maintain the account, it is now useless.

Device Frequencies OnePlus 5T  Carrier Frequencies Canada Public Mobile
2G Network: 
3G Network: 
4G LTE Network: 

Carrier Network does not support 2G
850MHz, 1900MHz
Band17-700MHz, Band4-AWS, Band2-1900MHz, Band40-2300MHz, Band7-2600MHz

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.