cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old rewards when switching to new subscription

JesseEdm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have $5 in loyalty, $2 auto pay, and $3 refer a friend rewards every month. It's not clear with the new subscription plans what happens with my rewards if I switch. Does the Public Points replace just the auto pay? Do all the previous awards get canceled? Do I keep all the rewards plus get the new Public Points?

5 REPLIES 5

@Iainc1 

Don't be confused - just be wise.

Of course Public Mobile wants customers to switch to the new public points program.

It saves the money.

And by saving them money, it gives us less. 

Just look at the Loyalty program alone for one aspect.

Customers can get up to $10 per year under the public points program in equivalent points.

On the old reward program, they can get up to $60 per year after 5 years, $48 between 4&5, $36 between 3&4, $24 between 2&3, and $12 between 1&2.

That is reason enough for those who have been on the old reward program not to switch.

For this OP, they would be throwing away up to $50 a year in savings if they switch to public points. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JesseEdm  You. Can change plans and keep your old rewards I can confirm I just switched  to the $39  20 GB plan and kept mine check it out 

Handy1_0-1685610475814.png

Iainc1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Halimacs, I'm confused, this is right from the FAQ page 

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JesseEdm 

Just don't switch

You will lose the auto pay reward and the Loyalty Rewards which are much more favorable on the old system versus the design of public points.

Need Help? Let's chat.