cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old $120 for 12GB in 90 day plan.

Kevin8113
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have the Old $120 for 12GB in 90 day plan.

but it is only local calling, is it possible to get any add-on and change to canada wide calling?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Glorywhole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you 

@Glorywhole wrote:

Could someone else confirm that minutes from the add on roll over? Thank you.

Which add-on? Canadian use add-ons roll over. U.S. roaming add-ons don't.

@Glorywhole wrote:

The $5 / 500 minute add on WILL roll over until it's used up. As long as your base plan stays active.

@Glorywhole wrote:

Yes they do guaranteed!

Glorywhole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Kevin8113 wrote:

the only down side for the new plan is 3G.

the old plan is still LTE speed for data.

thanks all. looks like $5 for 500 mins is the only option.

Am I able to receive calls if i am out of 416 area with the $5 for 500 mins add-on in BC?

FWIW...unless you use data to stream music or vids...I don't think there's any noticeable difference between 4G and 3G. Your plan will still be LTE ...but after a couple of days, your speeds will be throttled. I had the same plan as you do, but changed to the cheaper 3G plan with Canada wide calling, 500MB + 500MB of data and texting for $25 / 30 days. Haven't missed 4G at all. I still haven't got into the 1GB of bonus data they gave us a few weeks ago either.

You'd have to determine whats best for you...but this has been my experience so far.

Kevin8113

good to know.

@kerago wrote:

Keep your plan and just download a calling app, free US/ Canada calling and use that when you need to call outside of your area.

Hangouts is a good choice and is already on most Android phones. Facebook or Whatsapp can also be used but other person needs to use the app too.

@GinYVR wrote:

@Kevin8113The $5 add on will let you receive calls to your 416 number from anywhere in Canada. People dialing that number in BC will have to dial long distance though.

No long distance add-on needed to receive calls with a Ontario number in BC. I know that's really Canada-wide long distance but Public allows it on province-wide talk plans.

kerago
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Keep your plan and just download a calling app, free US/ Canada calling and use that when you need to call outside of your area.

@Kevin8113 wrote:

Sounds good.

thanks.

I think most ppl have the canada wide calling plan now, but me.....

You'd definitely want to hang onto that plan as you're grandfathered in, until there are better options for 4G data.  Plus the Canada wide add-on is so cheap.

Kevin8113

Sounds good.

thanks.

I think most ppl have the canada wide calling plan now, but me.....

@Kevin8113The $5 add on will let you receive calls to your 416 number from anywhere in Canada. People dialing that number in BC will have to dial long distance though.

Kevin8113

the only down side for the new plan is 3G.

the old plan is still LTE speed for data.

thanks all. looks like $5 for 500 mins is the only option.

Am I able to receive calls if i am out of 416 area with the $5 for 500 mins add-on in BC?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Kevin8113 wrote:

but it is only local calling, is it possible to get any add-on and change to canada wide calling?

Thanks

Yes if you get the $5/500 Canada-wide calling add-on, you will consume those minutes when you are making calls outside of your local area. There are also USA and International calling add-ons available for calling outside of Canada.

Note that there is no way to change your current plan minutes to Canada-wide calling.

If you want Canada-wide calling included in your plan minutes, you would have to switch to one of the newer plans, which are all 30 day plans now.

It it works for you... The $40 plan gives unlimited Canada-wide calling and 5 GB every 30 days.

He meant $5 for 500 minutes of Canada wide calling...I think.

@dabr wrote:

@Kevin8113 wrote:

Thanks

Yes you can get the $XX/500 Canada wide minutes from the add-ons selection.  These minutes will roll over every month until depleted.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kevin8113 wrote:

Thanks

Yes you can get the $5/500 Canada wide minutes from the add-ons selection.  These minutes will roll over every month until depleted.

Need Help? Let's chat.