cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd incoming call behaviour

Daxan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

People have been telling me that sometimes they call and get a "this number is not in service" message.  Other times it goes to a generic voicemail message (usually after just 1 or 2 rings).  Still other times the call goes to my personalized voicemail.

I have also noticed that at times when I answer the call, no one is connected but the call says it is connected on my side (call duration timer is running) but, the person says that they are either disconnected or sent to voicemail.  These are calls that I have been holding my phone in my hand and answered on the first ring, not ones that had been ringing for a long time.

My phone is up to date with the latest OS.  My account is always paid in full.  I have never not been able to make a call or connect to the internet (as would be the case if my account was really out of service).

3 REPLIES 3

Daxan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I have messaged PM about it.  The difficult part is of course that it is an intermittent issue so it is hard to verify.

@Daxan wrote:

People have been telling me that sometimes they call and get a "this number is not in service" message.  Other times it goes to a generic voicemail message (usually after just 1 or 2 rings).  Still other times the call goes to my personalized voicemail.

I have also noticed that at times when I answer the call, no one is connected but the call says it is connected on my side (call duration timer is running) but, the person says that they are either disconnected or sent to voicemail.  These are calls that I have been holding my phone in my hand and answered on the first ring, not ones that had been ringing for a long time.

My phone is up to date with the latest OS.  My account is always paid in full.  I have never not been able to make a call or connect to the internet (as would be the case if my account was really out of service).

There's something strange going on with calls. Recently, calls to Public Mobile customers results in a erroneous "not equipped to receive incoming calls" message. Trying the call again usually works. 

For your issue, this isn't a problem with your device or the settings and there isn't anything that you could have changed that would have caused this.  This is an error on the Public Mobile side of things.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Daxan 

I think I saw some report the same behaviour.  I think support agent needs to refresh your account.   Check with them ,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437            

Need Help? Let's chat.