cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t message to numbers

Rabiloni1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All, 

just ported number from Rogers to Public. Since then, I can’t send to any number other than iOS. How can I fix this? Please advise!

9 REPLIES 9

Rabiloni1

Thank you for your help, it worked and now i will ask them to reimburse the $5.25 haha

But yeah THANK YOU!

@Rabiloni1 

ask them to reimburse you the extra cost (since they cannot be certain if that will resolve the problem for sure)

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

But honest, at this stage, I would rather change back to a physical sim card for easier (and free) swapping phones (for troubleshooting or future phone upgrade) 

Rabiloni1

Sadly, no luck!

The CS Agent is asking me to buy another esim and not sure the process. This drained all my energy!

@Rabiloni1 

try to disable  "Send as SMS" first , reboot adn reenable it and test

and what iOS version you have?

Rabiloni1

My sim is eSIM

@Rabiloni1 

just for testing, can you put your PM sim card in another phone, preferably an Android and see test works?

Rabiloni1

I did. I even spoke to porting team. They say it is ported. They ask me to turn off and turn on. I did everything I know; reset Network Setting, turn on/ off my phone, take out Rogers SIM, etc.

The porting team connected to Kudoo tech who said they dont help Public Mobile as they have no access or limited one. 

Agent says he reset everything and it should work but all to vain. 

My send/ receive message does not show the number. When I trun off iMessage, no text can be sent. Not all use iOS so, I dont know what to do with Android users. My boss uses android, lol

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Rabiloni1  Ok here’s the direct link to CS Agents 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Rabiloni1  Did you leave the Roger’s SIM card  in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port ? If not no worries I’ll send you the listing team number private message . They can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.