cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasional issues with sent messages.

Hefty_kev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! 

Ive been made aware of an issue with my outgoing messages.

Every once and awhile, I'll send a text to someone, I'll see my phone say sending followed by sent/delivered - but my contract doesn't get the message. 

For example, this morning my girlfriend sent her good morning text, I replied the same. Says sent/delivered, after awhile I'd send another saying 'geeze fall back asleep er what by' and she'd say I never replied to her good morning. 

BUT on my end it says delivered/sent. She gets nothing. (Happens to all contacts - not just her) 

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, just recently made aware it happens more than I would like. 

Thanks bys!!!

10 REPLIES 10

farfadet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Hefty_kev 

Are you sending MMS or pure SMS ? I've seen an issue when people with iphone wouldn't receive MMS if their DATA was turned off on their phone but they could receive SMS just fine. On android, the behaviour is different. Even if your DATA is turned off, you'll receive a SMS notification with a download link saying you just received a MMS.

@Dunkman wrote:

@Hefty_kev 

Do you have Android or iPhone?  

It could be an issue with android chat feature (RCS) or iMessage.  Data and Wifi is needed for these type of messages.   Is Data working properly?  May want to turn off these options. 

Basic troubleshooting would be rebooting phone and network reset of phone.  

You could also try the PM Sim card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM service problem.  

@Hefty_kev 

To add to @Dunkman 's post, on your Android device...

Turn Off Chat Features
  1. From a Home screen, tap Messages .
  2. Tap the Menu icon .
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Advanced.
  5. Tap Chat features.
  6. Tap Enable chat features to turn off .

For others that have this feature on you are communicating with as well, it may be best that they turn it off also.

Ensure your phone, messages app, and dialer app has the latest software installed.

It does not hurt uninstall any of these (if it lets you), then reinstall them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hefty_kev 

i suggest you to try first my OP maybe is will help you

and if is not help try to do factory reset Settings, your issue with your device....

@Hefty_kev   It might be network issue

what kind of phone you have?

Hefty_kev

Okay sounds good to me! I will try that tonight after work - thanks

Sidenote -

Unsure if it's unrelated or not. 

Every once and awhile, I'll get a text from my mom or girlfriend, saying something along the lines of 'call me, I tried calling but it won't ring'

When I try to call - it says calling - but won't ever start ringing - after a few times of nothing, I'll restart my phone and try again and it'll work 

Who knows - begging to think my upgrade was actually a downgrade LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hefty_kev 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.to refreshing your network...

Hefty_kev

Not that I know of, I work in the city but live an hour out of the city - I've seen it happen both at home and at work, I know that if I'm out of service area and I try to text, it'll come right back and tell me that it failed to send-

but every once and awhile I'll send a text, says it's sending, sent, followed by delivered, I won't hear back from wherever and I'll send a few low-key sassy '?????''s and they'll then say they never recieved a text from me. 

Hefty_kev

Using an Android phone - it doesn't really seem to make a difference if I'm on wifi or using data - every once and awhile it's like my message gets lost in space but says the contact recieves the message.

I can throw my sim back in my older phone to check, but it'll be hard to see if the issue is there - where on my end it looks like everything is sent/fine, but on the other end the messages occasionally don't arrive (and my contacts wouldn't know otherwise). I don't get any notification or alert saying my message didn't go through - just: sending... sent... delivered 

It's kind of hard to explain what's happening lol

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hefty_kev  .. also, maybe it is location related (due to network strength). 

do you think you it happens more around a particular area?  maybe your home .. your work? 

Also, when you are at those location you think with issue, do you think the voice call or data have issue too?  like some calls were dropped or they went to VM when you are there.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Hefty_kev 

Do you have Android or iPhone?  

It could be an issue with android chat feature (RCS) or iMessage.  Data and Wifi is needed for these type of messages.   Is Data working properly?  May want to turn off these options. 

Basic troubleshooting would be rebooting phone and network reset of phone.  

You could also try the PM Sim card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM service problem.  

Need Help? Let's chat.