cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vacation plan to keep phone number

bobbanting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We will be out of country, but would like to keep our phone numbers for when we return.  Is there not a vacation plan with a better rate?

8 REPLIES 8

If you have a grand fathered plan then you would lose it.  If your plan is still available then you can change it back upon your return.

@celine_s wrote:

If I change to $15 plan before allowing my plan to suspend, I won't be able to get the plan I currently have back, correct?

Thanks.

@celine_s 

If your present plan is grandfathered and no available, you are correct.  You will not be able to get the grandfathered plan back.  

celine_s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I change to $15 plan before allowing my plan to suspend, I won't be able to get the plan I currently have back, correct?

Thanks.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bobbanting  no vacation plan.  But how long you are going away?

you can move down to $15 plan if it is really short term.

You can suspend the plan for 90 days , and re-activate for a month , and then suspend for another 90 days

or you can port out to VoIP provider as suggested above

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can port your phone number over to Fongo but you would be charged $25.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/How-to-keep-phone-number-while-liv...

bobbanting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Excellent. My solution.  Thanks loads bud.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@bobbanting wrote:

We will be out of country, but would like to keep our phone numbers for when we return.  Is there not a vacation plan with a better rate?

There are numerous ways to do.

How long will you be away for?

How many rewards do you have per month in dollars?

What plan are you on?

Do you have auto pay set up?

Do you have any data or? that was a promo when you joined up?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bobbanting 

No formal vacation plan with Public mobile.  

You could change to the $15 plan. Remove autopay.  You can suspend your account for 90 days, pay again $15 and suspend another 90 days.  

Here is an article:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Need Help? Let's chat.