cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number wouldnt transfer - want to cancel and pick new phone number

ElganMoses
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to transfer service from Telus to Public Mobile and as a result my old phone I threw out the SIM and sent the phone back - I no longer have access to this. Public Mobile app says it would transfer my number and take 5 hours, 2 days later the number was not transferred and when I log in I see it is asking me to confirm a code to the phone number I wanted to port that I no longer have access to.

Telus I spoke with said that Public had cancelled the port on Public's end and would need to reinitiated. 

If it's not easy to do this - please just give me a new number

6 REPLIES 6

ValentinOvrd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Exactly the same problem, I can't login anymore as I don't have access to the number and the eSIM won't work (cannot enable it). Sent a message, I'll see 🤷‍♂️

That’s excellent to hear, @Luddite !

it would make sense they could do that, realistically.

@HALIMACS   @hairbag1  FYI: in a similar situation my daughter used the Telus support # for porting and was able to transfer Koodo number without access to SMS for either account. Telus' only stipulation was that she needed to be the account holder on both accounts. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

So, to be certain, @ElganMoses , you threw out the TELUS SIM card before fully completing the port here from there?

Yikes 😮

Fortunately, if the number you held with TELUS was assigned by TELUS (and not ported there from another provider), there's little reason why Public Mobile wouldn't be able to draw upon that number for you.

Definitely reach out the CSA's again, and ask that a senior CSA assist in securing that number for you.

It should be possible with a little effort - something I would hope they would do since you remained within the TELUS group of providers.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ElganMoses 

whada mess ! You gonna need help for CSA...use this link to start the process. Watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.