cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

Winnipeger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to port my old mobile number to my new Public Mobile account. Please advise the procedure.

Thx

John

6 REPLIES 6

@Daybreak wrote:

Porting a number is easy as long as your past service provider completely unlocks the account you want to port the number from. If your past provider does not completely unlock your account then the number your trying to port will work but not fully. You won't be able to text all your contacts and some people may not be able to call you. 

Usually, there is not need to "unlock" an account to port a number out and it's largely an automated process.  The carriers are obliged to release the phone number shortly after the request is made as long as the request is accompanied by some account information to prove authorization.  The only company that I know that routinely needs to be contacted during this process is Bell because they sometimes refuse to release the phone number until after first trying to convince the customer to stay. 

As for contacts not being to able to reach you, that happens for all number ports until it gets completed.  Also, outgoing text messages are not affected by a failed number port.

Daybreak

Porting a number is easy as long as your past service provider completely unlocks the account you want to port the number from. If your past provider does not completely unlock your account then the number your trying to port will work but not fully. You won't be able to text all your contacts and some people may not be able to call you. 

New NumberNew Number

Select Transfer number and click Submit

Winnipeger

I have all the info to request a number port over. Where should I display this info?

John

@Winnipeger wrote:

I would like to port my old mobile number to my new Public Mobile account. Please advise the procedure.

Thx

John

This question has been moved into its own thread.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Winnipeger 

Here is an article on porting number.  Any other quesitons, please ask, but it might be easier to start your own quesiton/thread.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Need Help? Let's chat.