cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not Porting Properly

Winsome3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined PM last Thursday (Nov 17), I ported my number as instructed but when I was about to confirm payment I got an error message saying that my account activation failed.  I wrote an email to PM to ask about this as the SIM was not working at all after the "activation", despite me getting an email confirming that I was registered.  

I never got a reply but over the weekend the new SIM card started to work and my cell phone said I was under the Public Mobile network.  However, when I called my old provider to cancel my service with them they told me I had NOT ported my number according to them.  I tried calling myself and true enough it went straight to voicemail from my old provider (my cell didn't ring at all), I also couldn't get any text messages that were sent to my number.  Though I could call out, I am not able to get any calls/texts.

My old provider told me if I chose to cancel my service with them now I could lose my number, so now I am still on both providers and as I need to be reachable, I am using my old line/SIM.  

I signed onto self serve on PM to try to port my number that way, but under the "change number" field I got as far as putting in my cell number (to see if it's elligible) before I get an error msg saying "we are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact PM for additional assistance."  So this is where I am now.

Can someone please contact me to help me with completing the porting? Or if it can't be done, just let me know and I will cancel my registration with PM.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Winsome3

Ok I will contact a moderator for further assistance, thanks!

Winsome3

Thanks for your reply, I tried your instructions and indeed was unable to pass Step 4.  Thanks anyway I am going to need someone from PM to help me port.  

vgdam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same problem with another provider. I spoke to a moderator and he advise me to buy a new Sim card because that was the issue. The network provider reimburse me afterwards. I am sure PM will do the same. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

This thread may help you it is a copied post from an earlier thread.  I am not sure if this is the Original Authour as I would like to give credit to them.Found out who the original autor was and would like to credit @renof  and his original post is here http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/m-...

As far as closing your account with your previous provider do not do that.  By completing a successful port that is what closes your account with them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.