cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Parking Advice Please

SeniorPlus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I opened a new account to take advantage of a Boxing Day sale (for new accounts only). My existing account is only 3 months old, so there is no big loss of credits if I eventually cancel. The new account now exists and the preferred plan is purchased but not yet activated. It is essential that I keep my old number but I realize that I can't transfer it directly from my old account. I have read various threads on this topic and it appears that one way to do this is by "parking" the number with a third party and transferring/porting it back to PM. I have several questions and would appreciate advice from those who know. 

1. If I successfully park the number, will PM automatically delete my old account or do I have to turn off the auto pay?
  2. NumberBarn appears to be the cheapest option to temporarily park a number, i.e. US$5 entry plus US$2 monthly, exit free. Is this correct?
  3. Are there any risks or issues in parking at NumberBarn and porting back to PM the same day? 

If there is any risk in losing my number, I would cut my losses and stay with my old account/plan and cancel the new one. 

edited by computergeek541: unrelated to the "community" category

5 REPLIES 5

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SeniorPlus  "Are there any risks or issues in parking at NumberBarn and porting back to PM the same day? "

According to the Numberbarn website porting to them takes 3-7 business days, up to 10 business days.  So it doesn't sound like it can be done in a day.

SeniorPlus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

According to their site, it is initially $5 US to register a number and $2 monthly.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SeniorPlus  If you want to keep your old number port  it out to new provider and port back in on your newly created PM account . And the parking can take place with new provider while you wait to get sim card to activate the new PM account 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@SeniorPlus 

once number is ported out , the PM account will be closed

You can wait 2 or 3 days before you transfer your number back to PM.  of course, you can open the new account with new number first and then port back in after 2 or 3 days

I don't see any risk to park the number and come back.  BTW, how much to park with Numberbarn?

Need Help? Let's chat.