cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving voicemail notifications

Shanlan88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iphone with the latest ios update (16.5) and am a recent PM customer. Since switching to PM, I no longer receive voicemail notifications. The only way to determine whether new voicemails have come in is to physically go into voicemail and check periodically, which is no solution. I have read other similar posts, and tried the suggestions listed, but have yet to see an answer that works. Would appreciate being able to solve this issue. Thx.

4 REPLIES 4

EZR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue here. I tried on both my iPhone XR and iPhone 14 Pro. Purchased a new sim. Factory reset the XR without restoring from backup. And same issue. There must be a bug on the latest iOS. 16.5 😞 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Shanlan88 - Try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings, and see if that helps. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

I suspect this is a device issue, to see if it is, move your SIM into another phone and see if there is any difference.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Shanlan88 

There was issues with the latest iOS 16.5 with phone connectivity and notifications reported by iPhone users. Check in your Settings>Phone> Notification Allowed enable for Banners, Sound and Badges.

Hopefully iOS 17 will fix this problem.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shanlan88   how long this issue been?

this is really an issue that we don't know if it is PM or iOS.  It looks like an Apple problem because we see people on another provider with the same question

Some people were on older iOS and updated to 16.4.1 works around 2 months ago

Some people, same iOS work on an older iPhone but now the newer one

So, it is an outstanding issue and no firm solution.  

you can try to ask PM to refresh your VM from the system, but again, that helped for some and not all

To message PM support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.