cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts from random people

jjt0227
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I use to be a public mobile customer, then went to fido now I'm back, long story short after activating my sim card, I noticed I can't receive messages from only a couple people, neither of us has one another blocked, we both reset our phones and sim cards, and still nothing comes through to my end but they can see my texts.  My other contacts are fine, just a friend and one family member I can't receive their text messages.  Is there a way to create a ticket and get this fixed? If this persists I'll just go back to my other plan with a different company.  And lastly they did not block me, this started as soon as I switched networks.  

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jjt0227 

If everyone else that has contacted you is from a telus company and the two people who cannot are with bell and Roger's then it's quite possible you have a stuck port. When you call your phone number do you get your pm voicemail or your Roger's voicemail? Can you still log into your Roger's account? If you put the Roger's Sim card back in your phone does it work?

Do you recall replying YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) from Roger's in order for them to release your phone # to pm? You may need to contact customer support or call the telus porting department with your Roger's account # to reinitiate your port request.

@jjt0227 wrote:

I've been with pm since last Friday so I don't know why it's not working, their on bell, and the other is Rogers 

Is it all people at Bell and all of your contacts who use Rogers whose messages you don't receive?  When text messages originate from a different carrier, they don't come from directly that carrier to this carrier. The text messages must first pass through an intermediary.  Unfortunately, when this type of issue happens, both carriers involved sometimes point the finger at the other.  

jjt0227

I've been with pm since last Friday so I don't know why it's not working, their on bell, and the other is Rogers 

jjt0227

I had switched to pm late Friday around 830pm it's now almost Thursday, so that's 3 business days. 

@jjt0227   how long you have been with PM this time?

if you have been here just today or less than two days, it is possible people from VoIP providers, eg, Fongo, Primus, Freephoneline etc, might not be able to reach you (Calls and texts).  But this problem usually gone after 2 or 3 days.  Reason is that their system take longer to update their calls routing table

jjt0227

Yes I can receive calls, but these two particular numbers won't send their texts on my end, and my family member tried calling and it won't go through but other numbers will.  Makes no sense 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jjt0227 

Can you recieve incoming calling? Is your port complete?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jjt0227 

For craps and giggles, try the below:

If Android, try adjusting Chat messages options.

1. tap Messaging app, 
  2. tap 3 little dots top right, 
  3. select Settings, 
  4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 
  5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

For Apple, adjust the iMessage settings:

1. tap the Settings app,
  2. tap Messages,
  3. turn  iMessage off by toggling the switch to grey from green.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jjt0227   

how long you come back to PM?  just couple days?

for those couple people, can you check their carrier?   Possible they are from the same carrier

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jjt0227 

Is it possible you're utilizing RCS messaging as opposed to SMS with these specific people?

Try turning off iMessage if iPhone and Chat settings if Android.

Does SMS go through now?

Need Help? Let's chat.