cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving/sending text fourth day after transferring my number from Fido to Public mobile

rb1317
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Everyone,

Not receiving/sending texts, fourth day after transferring my number from Fido to Public mobile. Any help would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

I went through the same thing. Joined PM on May 15 2024. Everything else works great, used the Canada-US plan on a trip to US for 3 days, no issues, but we were using What's App for those few days. 

Got home and found out that I cannot send or receive group text or text with attachments. After a few days of back and forth with PM Help Line I was contacted by Tech Support. Found out my TCL20S does not support full texting features on PM, and model I have cannot be changed in settings to accept Public mobile settings. Wish they told me that before switching to PM.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rb1317 

Did you reply to the text from Fido confirming with YES that you are porting over to PM? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply or porting will be in limbo.

If this is the case, you will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process.

So submit a ticket on the Chat button. Staff hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST.

@rb1317 

There was an issue with texting after porting, but it was supposedly resolved.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Solved-Text-Message-Issues-for-Recently...

You may need to contact customer service agent to get your account fixed. 

rb1317

Yes I tried all that still not working. Calls and data are working 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rb1317 

Does talk work?  What about data?  Did you port your number?

Maybe try a reboot your phone.  Network reset of phone.

P.S. I will move your post to Support section 

Need Help? Let's chat.