cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving phone calls or text

DarrenS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can call out and send texts… not sure the issue I’ve tried everything listed on previous posts. Anyone else having this issue?! 

12 REPLIES 12

@Nezgar 

This is an ongoing issue. There is a lack of service generally in those two provinces with large rural areas with no service at all. It's a real problem that has MLA's lobbying telecoms for better service for their constituents.

Saw some posts on Reddit re this issue Koodo/Public mobile - in NS+NL at least - someone was able to resolve by switching their phone to 3G

Seems to be  recurring issue with handoff failing from LTE to 3G in eastern/atlantic Canada. Based on previous feedback it will start working eventually....

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DarrenS wrote:

I can call out and send texts… not sure the issue I’ve tried everything listed on previous posts. Anyone else having this issue?! 

@DarrenS seems many others over the past few days similar to you....

Regardless of your fix for this time around. If you are in an area that you have always received calls and texts previously, I would let CSA know about this.

As more people are reporting this to the Community, I think these customers should be letting CSA know.

Do you have an LG G7 thinq, by any chance?

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@smfrz04 wrote:

It is updated... I will try the phone switch later!

@smfrz04 

The typical suggestions for this issue:

reboot phone

network reset of phone

Trying the SIM card in another working phone.  If working, then retry SIM card back to your phone.

Forcing the phone to 3G network

Might need to contact Customer service agent (CSA) to see whether account provision issue.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@DarrenS wrote:

Everything was working up until yesterday and I’ve been with Public Mobile for over a year

There seems to be many complaints of this nature the last few days.

It could well be some issues from the PM network. There could be some flakiness when systems are restored after outages.

Keep trying to reboot and renew the settings periodically to see if the issue will resolve by itself soon. 

smfrz04

It is updated... I will try the phone switch later!

@smfrz04  please make sure your phone got all the latest updates as advised above

Also, try the SIM on another phone and see if it works.    If so, it might work after you move the SIM back to the original phone

smfrz04

I am having the same issue. I have a 2020 iPhone SE and live on the east coast. 

@DarrenS 

To troubleshoot further:

which model phone?

where do you live? 

Somebody earlier did a system update on their phone and it seemed to work afterwards. 

@DarrenS   if you have a second phone around and can use to do a test, try this

1. turn off your phone and the second phone first

2. put your PM SIM in the second phone and see if you can receive phone calls and text

3. if it works, with your PM SIM still in the 2nd phone, power off the 2nd phone

4. wait 2 mintues

5. move the SIM back to the original phone and see if it works

DarrenS

Everything was working up until yesterday and I’ve been with Public Mobile for over a year

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DarrenS 

Have you had all of your services working before or did you just port your number in?

Need Help? Let's chat.