cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls

Toria9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not able to receive incoming phones calls. This has been ongoing for 3+ days. (Note I’m able to make phone calls.) I’ve tried everything including:  rebooting, turning airplane mode off/on, etc.etc. I have the unlimited talk plan. Any ideas as to why it’s not working? What else can I try to get incoming phone calls. 
#publicmobile #publicmobileassistance

18 REPLIES 18

@Toria9  Might be time to go straight to support for this issue 

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Toria9

Thanks for your response. 
No this is not a new number. And this is not a new iPhone. My phone line worked with my public mobile plan up until 3 days ago. When someone calls my number, it goes directly to voice mail. I checked - The numbers are not blocked. I haven’t changed anything on my phone or account. I am able to receive texts, FT, FT audio and calls … but no traditional phone calls.

It is quite strange!

@Toria9 wrote:

Thank you for your response and suggestions. How do I reset the device’s network settings?

HI @Toria9 

To reset network settings:

If you're using iOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

If you're using iOS  14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

@Toria9  If your using iPhone go to phone settings / cellular /network selection and reset 

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This has happened to a family members new Bell Mobility plan- Bell advised that it may take up to 24 hours for a ported number to properly work-- and in our case by the next day all was well -- however  3+ days is way too long and should be reported to PM CS.

Toria9

Thank you for sharing. 

Toria9

Thank you for your response and suggestions. How do I reset the device’s network settings?

Toria9

I’ve been with Public Mobile with the same number for about 6 months. I’ve had my iphone for 1+ years. 

@Toria9 

Also, try these fixes: (the ones you haven’t already…)

1. ensure airplane mode is not enabled

2. ensure do not disturb is not enabled

3. ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list

4. disable any call-forwarding features/settings

5. turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers

6. remove and reinsert your SIM card

7. reset network connections

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Toria9 - in case you obtained a new to you phone, and you are an iphone user, is this phone registered to another number? If so, deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

What happens when you call your own number?

ALSO, please check the settings of your device to ensure that numbers are not blocked in your contacts app.

There is also a setting that all calls would go to voicemail if you have the setting set up to only accept incoming calls from people in your contact list so try searching for that and turn it off, OR, add these contacts to your phone.

You could also try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings, but this should only be temporary to see if services improve. 

@Toria9 

You’ve had this number with public mobile for over a year?

And just now your incoming calls aren’t being received?

Try your public mobile SIM card in another device (if available ) to see if you can make outgoing calls with that device. 

(EDIT:  like @esjliv provided above)

@Toria9 wrote:

No I’ve had this number for over a year. 

@Toria9 - so you have been with public mobile for over a year with this same number?

Have you obtained a new phone recently?

Toria9

No I’ve had this number for over a year. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Toria9 wrote:

I am not able to receive incoming phones calls. This has been ongoing for 3+ days. (Note I’m able to make phone calls.) I’ve tried everything including:  rebooting, turning airplane mode off/on, etc.etc. I have the unlimited talk plan. Any ideas as to why it’s not working? What else can I try to get incoming phone calls. 
#publicmobile #publicmobileassistance

@Toria9 - were you able to receive incoming calls before this?

If so, try 1 or more of the below:

• perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works
  • manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if services work

If you were never able to receive incoming calls and this was a port over to public from another provider, did you receive an SMS text on the previous provider's SIM card to approve the port over to public? Or, was it a landline or voip number that you ported?

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Toria9 

to re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Then make sure to place your prior provider SIM card in device, await text for port authorization, reply "YES", then replace with your newly activated Public Mobile SIM card.

Reboot your device, and you should be good to go.

to retrieve the private message that handy sent you, click on the envelope icon, upper right as you should see a red number in that envelope icon

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Toria9  Also if you just joined in the last few days and didn’t port it could be a provisioning issue , you can try SIM in another phone and see if it works and out back in you phone this may help force it to provision correctly other wise you need supports help 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Toria9  Did you just port number to PM and miss the confirmation Text if so I’ll a send you porting team number . Private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.