Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Verification SMS/Texts

Jrey1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent 

Hello,

I signed up and ported my number from Virgin Mobile on Saturday. Calls, texting, and data are working fine but I cannot receive any text verification from any services to confirm my identity (i.e. Public Mobile, banks, online services). I read that it may take a few days for this to go through, but it's been about 4-5 days now. How can I get this fixed?

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jrey1 - we are not CS Agents here in the community. We are customers like you.

Did you mean to private CS Agents?

I am guessing you tried chatbot and got this screen, showing to tag CS_Agent?

esjliv_0-1688136918895.png

Private Message "CS_Agent" using your envelope/inbox, not the community posting section....for future reference.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jrey1 

First, agent won't really check message here, if you want them to check, please submit ticket to them by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But, not sure if weekend was the problem, the couple days might be business days only.  Please wait for another couple more days

Jrey1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks! Yeah, incoming calls and regular texts come in with no problems. I will wait 7 days like you said and see if that fixes itself! 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jrey1 

First, do you receive any incoming calls and regular SMS (P2P) from friends?  If so, it is good, at least the porting was completed successfully

For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed provider and to route the text correctly to the new provider (Public Mobile).    Also, financial institutions (banks) or government agencies (e.g, CRA)  put this delay on purpose too to avoid SIM Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day after porting but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come.   

Since it has only been 4 days, those text should start coming soon,  But if you are really concerned about it, please message support here for further investigation

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.