cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cell service away from wifi

Covid3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to Public the other day, so far I’m not happy at all. My cell only works when I’m on wifi. I’m getting very frustrated. Idk how to contact them for support to resolve this issue:(

6 REPLIES 6

@Covid3 

on iMessage setting, remove the phone number, reboot the phone and then add the number back

But, but, but, I thought iphones were all intuitive and easy to use and figure out? 🙂
I think the device needs to be connected to the AppleID (or the other way around). I think the number does too. I think you need to stay logged in to the AppleID.
Go to settings, general, about on the phone and see if any updates want to happen.

Covid3

Hi again, so my brother in law removed my physical sim & then PM recognized their ESIM. Now I can make phone calls & some texting & my phone says Public Mobile for the carrier…but now under the iMessage tab, it says my cell number will expire in 29days bc it’s registered but NOT associated with this phone. Ugh, I called Apple, they said everything on their end is fine & that PM needs to clear things up on their end. Sheesh, talk about overwhelming & frustrating. Ty for your help. I appreciate it. 

HI @Covid3 

you probably don't have the proper sim selected and enabled on your cellular screen

If your Rogers sim is an eSIM also, check your iPhone and make sure it is disabled or even deleted

Also, make sure your PM sim is set as Primary and Turn on the line is enabled

On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

If you are still unsure, you might want to check with an Apple store so they can set it up with the proper settings

Covid3

I just bought an iPhone 13 last month. When I switched to PM, I received an ESim card. My cell still states my carrier as Rogers, the previous provider. I’m not sure what you mean by the other stuff u said, I am not tech savvy at all. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Covid3 

is voice working?

what brand and model your phone is? 

If voice works but just not data, usually is just APN problem,  Try this

1. click Reset all network or Reset Network settings on your phone

2. On iPhone, make sure Carrier profile is updated

3, also, try your PM sim card in another phone

Need Help? Let's chat.