cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Texts on a new A10s

KetoSweets
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

It appears that I am having difficulty in receiving text msgs on my new phone - new user with Public Mobile.   I have read various posts on this through the many threads 🙂   I can send a text, receive and make calls but no texts 😞    I have rebooted phone, reset network connections, even turned on/off airplane mode.... no luck....   Hoping someone else has a better solution?    Thanks, Michele

25 REPLIES 25

@KetoSweets

Happy to hear your issue is resolved. Do you mind sharing how the moderators fixed your incoming texts? Thx

KetoSweets

Hi and thanks for your suggestions.... still using my old phone until my wallet case arrives for the S10....  no problem whatsoever with that one (Koodo)....  I'm thinking a connection issue with PM for sure...

@KetoSweets 

By switching sim cards and phones it seems its neither a sim card or a phone issue as they have all worked.....as you have now recieved text messages wirh the pm sim card in the new phone. It sounds like its been a network connection or signal issue. Toggling airplane mode on/off will give you a brand new connection to the network. Could there have been maintenance occurring in your area leading to a poor signal? Could you have been in an area that your connection to your tower was blocked? (Basement, nearby concrete building etc....) Did you change your location in your home when you did the tests or recieved the incoming texts?

KetoSweets

Just sent this morning and states will get back within 48 hrs....   

Oddly enough, I did receive 2 texts yesterday around 4:30 and then nothing since Lol

@KetoSweets you mentioned Mod is looking into it.  Did they get you back anything useful?

KetoSweets

Sorry for the delay in responding...   Telus owns both Koodo and PM so I guess they use their services?   Phone is from Amazon...

KetoSweets

Thanks for providing this info...have just sent the info to the Moderator.  Had a crazy busy wknd and was too frustrated with the issue to continue dealing with it 😞   Aaarrrggghhh Lol

@KetoSweets  given that you tried to use Koodo SIM on the new phone, you might want to do one more network reset just to be certain.

As I said, since your new PM SIM works on the old phone  and can receive Text, it probably a phone setup issue.  I hope you don't need to do one more step further...wipe the phone.

KetoSweets

@hTideGnow 

No, don't believe porting is the issue as the # is brand new.  Old sim is with Koodo.  And yes, after reading many threads, I have already done a network reset.

Oh my gosh.... Going to contact a Moderator as suggested by @HALIMACS  🙂

KetoSweets

@HALIMACS 

The port ppl sent me to a Koodo tech who is totally perplexed Lol  He also suggested that factory reset is the VERY LAST thing I should be doing....

So will have to proceed with your next recommendation.

@KetoSweets  Koodo?  why koodo? you got the phone from them?

KetoSweets

Thanks Dunkman....right now on the phone with a Koodo Tech 🙂   Fingers crossed Lol

@KetoSweets 

If everything else fails, potentially a factory reset of the new phone (backup phone if needed).  

And FINALLY, @KetoSweets , if the phone settings, the porting helpline, and various online tutorials on helping with SMS issues don't work, try contacting Public Mobile moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@KetoSweets wrote:

Hi and thx for the welcome 🙂

This is strange.....

I took the new SIM and put it in the old phone (A5) and old SIM in new phone (A10S) and both worked perfectly!  Sent and received texts from both phones.

I don't think this is related with porting as the new SIM is working on A5.

You mentioned old SIM works on new phone, what provider is that?  PM as well or other provider?

Maybe try a network reset on A10S and see how it goes.

KetoSweets

Thank you 🙂

@KetoSweets 

Sounds like a porting issue.

I'll private message you a number to call.

Check your private message box by clicking on the envelope icon top right.

KetoSweets

Hi and thx for the welcome 🙂

This is strange.....

I took the new SIM and put it in the old phone (A5) and old SIM in new phone (A10S) and both worked perfectly!  Sent and received texts from both phones....   Feeling comfortable, I switched back as I don't want to use the new phone until my wallet case comes in (soon I hope) - and...back to the same....will send texts from new phone but not receive 😞

@KetoSweets 

Perhaps some of these options may assist:

How to fix won’t send or receive SMS on Galaxy A10 | texting not working (thedroidguy.com)

( EDIT:   Hilarious, just noticed that @mimmo  already provided the above link...  good thinking mimmo 🤣)

KetoSweets

Going to try swapping sims....  wish me luck 🙂

KetoSweets

Under setting (selecting 3 dots), there is nothing that states "chat settings" 😞

And I moved the sim from slot 2 to 1... no difference....

@KetoSweets 

Welcome to Public mobile.

Did you port your number over to PM?  If so, does your previous carrier SIM card still work?

What was  your previous phone?  

You could also try your SIM card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's stange since receiving plain Texts is one of the more basic features of mobile phone service. 

Testing account: Do you have another phone that you can insert your SIM card into to test receiving texts?  If there's an issue with your account, you can contact the Moderator team at: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Testing phone: Do you have another SIM card you can insert into your A10s to test receiving texts?  Hopefully the issue is resolved here with resetting your phone settings like HALIMACS mentioned.

Let us know what you find!  🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@KetoSweets 

Try adjusting Chat messages options.

1. click Messaging app, 
  2. click 3 little dots top right, 
  3. select Settings, 
  4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 
  5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

Sometimes a reboot, or removing and reinserting SIM card helps

Need Help? Let's chat.