cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting service I pay for

Kimber23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I pay for a 5g service and only getting 3g, I tried to start a chat it didnt answer any of my questions at all made suggestion for unrelated topics, public mobile has no customer service to contact no email to send complaint too no number to call to ask for help, just take your money and dont provide service you paid for, it wont let me post cause my label isn't right like really

8 REPLIES 8

Does it show 3G all the time or only when you are making calls with data turned on?  Or is the problem based on a speed test of the data?   If it is because the phone shows 3G during phone calls then it could be a voLTE issue (Samsung S21 is not on the voLTE list).

Kimber23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you, samsung s21

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kimber23 

what phone do you have?

try to click Reset All networks.  Sometimes you need this to clear some old settings from the old carriers.  Then after Reset networks, you can test 4G and 5G on your phone's network mode once more

We saw accounts not properly setup on the system during activation, too, so submit a ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moved:

direpsectful and inappropripate content removed as per terms of service

Very well said @dust2dust 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes, is it a 5G phone and is the network set to at least 4G LTE?

We're here. This is the intent of this thing called Community. To be a first line of assistance to fellow customers. Then if we conclude that you need the help of support then we direct you to them. But often we can get you through the problem you're having.

Adding - what's the make and model of the phone?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kimber23 

Just remember we are all customers here like you. Nobody from Public Mobile is here.

As @LitlLdy pointed out, make sure you have a 5G phone. If you don't, you will not get 5G speeds. I'm on a 5G plan but I only get LTE speeds because it's not a 5G phone. 

So, which phone do you have?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Kimber23 wrote:

I pay for a 5g service and only getting 3g, I tried to start a chat it didnt answer any of my questions at all made suggestion for unrelated topics, public mobile has no customer service to contact no email to send complaint too no number to call to ask for help, just take your money and dont provide service you paid for, it wont let me post cause my label isn't right like really

@Kimber23 , what type of phone do you have?

Have you reset your network settings & reboot your phone?

Is your phone OS updated to the latest software? If it is an iPhone the latest iOS is 16.6.1

Is your cellular voice/data set to 3G, 4G/LTE or 5G?

The chatbot/virtual assistant is broken. Sorry 😞

Public Mobile support is online only, no phone number to call for help. Only help is from other Customers in this Community Forum & help from CS_Agents by sending them a private message!

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.