cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive incoming calls

kunjupathil1982
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi my name is kunjumon

I am not able to receive incoming calls after porting from virgin mobile. I am able to call everyone and can send sms. Getting data too. If anybody can help me will be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile as well @kunjupathil1982

I would second what @ashleyb suggested about contacting the moderator team. Something similar happen to another account of a family member I help set up. They could receive text messages and data but not incoming calls. I only found out when I had to call them the day after the account was setup. Moderator said it was a failed port and fixed it easily by resubmitting the port request. They got a text within a couple hours when the request was complete.

Here is a link on information contacting the moderator team in  the event you require it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kunjupathil1982 wrote:

Hi my name is kunjumon

I am not able to receive incoming calls after porting from virgin mobile. I am able to call everyone and can send sms. Getting data too. If anybody can help me will be appreciated.

This happened to me. From reading through the replies I noticed you ported recently. We couldn't get any incoming calls for exactly 12 hours. Next morning we recieved a text saying port had been sucessful. I did message the @CS_Agent for some help so I'd recommend sending them a message. Make sure to include all the information they need it does make it alot smoother. 

Welcome to Public Mobile @kunjupathil1982

@austinhuang wrote:
  • Restart your device.
  • Check if your Virgin card is working. If it is, contact Virgin.
  • If it's not, Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time).

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

I would never contact the old provider.  The port is the responsibility of PM and the client (on inputing correct information)  If you contact the old provider they are just going to feed you a bunch of info about how bad PM is and you shouldn't switch to them.  You may get another offer but I doubt it will compare to any PM plans,

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@austinhuang wrote:
  • Restart your device.

In a porting situation, never ever contact the old provider.  All the activity takes place at the new provider.  The only thing that needs to be done at the other end is keeping the account open.  That doesn't require any contact. 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How long since you ported your number? 

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
  • Restart your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.