cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make or receive a phone call?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
    1. If you're not able to receive phone calls, check the following:
      1. Is your phone turned on? Ensure that the phone is on and ready to answer. We recommend you call your mobile number from another phone if one is available.
      2. Ensure you are within a Public Mobile coverage area. Please see our coverage maps for details.
      3. Ensure your account is in good standing. If you service has been suspended due to a missed payment when you place a call you will hear a recording that says “Sorry your telephone service is suspended.”
      4. Is the ringer on the phone loud enough to be heard? Check that the phone is not set to vibrate or low ring volume.
      5. Check that the phone is not set to Call Forward. Call Forward can be turned off by accessing call settings.
      6. Check to make sure the phone is not set to ‘auto answer’ (refer to user guide for details).
      7. Is the problem happening only when using a headset? If so, try without the headset.
    2. If you're unable to make outbound phone calls
      1. Ensure that you are subscribed to calling services and that you are dialing 10 digits (area code plus 7 digit number) when placing calls.
      2. Ensure you are within a Public Mobile coverage area.
      3. Ensure your account is in good standing. If you service has been suspended due to a missed payment when you place a call you will hear a recording that says “Sorry your telephone service is suspended.”
      4. If the call you are making is Canadian/US long distance, ensure that you have subscribed to long distance services and dial 1 plus the 10 digital number.
      5. If the issue is with calling an International number, then please ensure that you have Overseas Long Distance minutes remaining on your subscription and refer to the list of countries to which Overseas Long Distance calling is supported.
      6. Check if there is a problem with the number being dialled. Try dialling the same number from another mobile or landline phone.

78 REPLIES 78

Mikevk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K @I cannot receive phonecalls, although i can make calls. Please let me know if you need any further information to identify my account.

I tried to get my car towed yesterday, and they couldn't call me to let me know they were at my car, not a good start to a client relationship!

Mike vk

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Julie0906

Please reboot your phone, everything should be working fine. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Julie0906
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Shazia_K or @Mary_M please help, on the 90 day 12 GB plan which rolled over effective today howver unable to place or receive calls. Text and data works fine though. Please help!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Shazia_K or @Mary_M should be able to help you in the morning. Hold tight

Rockdaddy22
Another satisfied customer 🙂

srlawren

Excellent!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend, @mrjosh.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mrjosh

@Shazia_K and @srlawren Just restarted my phone and everything is working 🙂 Thank you so much!

srlawren

Hi @mrjosh, can you please give us a brief update to confim that everything is working as expected now?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @mrjosh

I'm sorry to see that you aren't able to use your services. 

The plan was not renewed properly, I made the changes and activated your services for you, can you please reboot your phone now? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mrjosh

@Rockdaddy22 Yes I've tried restarting my phone, no luck 😞 . Thank you, will do. 

Rockdaddy22
May I suggest using the Fongo app in The meantime. It's a great backup option for calling, at least in the short term. Good luck and welcome to the PM family.

Rockdaddy22
@mrjosh hold tight until the morning and @Mary_M should be able to fix you up. I'm sure you've tried rebooting your phone. It does sound like a problem on PMs end

mrjosh

Hi, I'm having a problem with my service. I just switched my plan to the following

• This plan includes: -
  • - 3GB Data
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - 3 Choices

My data does work, but text messaging and calling does not. When I make a call, it says to make sure that I have a plan that includes long distance, but I do. Any suggestions? The numbers I have been trying to call have either been local or within the same province, but I have Canada wide calling, so it should work.

Rockdaddy22
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble, @Mary_M could you look into this please. She should be able to help you out, just hold tight.

srlawren

@lievainsikisi further to @Mary_M and @IWIK's questions, was your Moto X Play purchased from Telus or Koodo?  Or was it purchased from Rogers, Bell, Fido, basically anywhere but Telus or Koodo?  If not from Telus/Koodo, did you get it unlocked?

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lievainsikisi were you ever able? Or is this a new service?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @lievainsikisi

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you recently ported a phone number into PM? 

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

lievainsikisi
I've tried almost everything.... nothing is working! Still I'm unable to receive incoming calls!!! Please, help me! I have a Moto XPlay.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Nadege18,

I apologize for this inconvenience! 

Your plan has now been renewed: please power cycle our phone.

Also, please remember to not post any of your personal information on here as its a public forum.

Cheers 🙂

Kalla

@Nadege18 Please remove your number and make your own saperate post. 

Nadege18

My number is x

i pay my balance yesterday but i can receive call message or voice message

i call *611 but nothing

i guess you change my balance then i change to take kbalance of 30 dollars i still dont receive nothing. i was suppose to have a call back for job. Now i dont know if they called me or nor

what i my supposed to do

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @Kony,

I'm happy to hear everything was sorted out. Have a great day!

Rockdaddy22
Great news 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

I'm glad that all turned out well.

Cheers.

Kony

Thank you for your help. I finally reached them at 1-877-999-5055, it took a while, but they took care of my problem very nicely and efficiently. It wasn't a technical problem with their service, just a misunderstanding. However, I would advise those with the same problem as mine to call them and make sure that the account contact information is correct. Thank you again, I wish all the best.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

No, it isn't listed on the site.

youbme

Thanks @Martin, the number I found was the first to show up after a couple of Google searches and seemed to work when I called it. Definitely an easier one to remember, is it listed anywhere on the PM site?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Perhaps it's just me, but I regard 1-855-4PUBLIC as the easiest PM toll-free number to remember.

Cheers.

Kony

I will, thank you so much.

youbme

@Kony, this looks like the right number: 1-877-999-5055

Hope it is resolved quickly, and please keep us posted.

Need Help? Let's chat.