cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to make calls or text

ATTU42M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported over my old phone number on 22apr2024.  The old carrier sent me a text asking if I was requesting a number transfer.  I told them YES.  After about 10 more minutes, the Public Mobile app gave a green check mark for porting over the old number.  Then around 15 minutes later, the phone had no service...could not call or send texts.  I then put the Public Mobile SIM in and restarted the phone.  Now I cannot make calls or texts.  The phone shows Telus as the network and says there is no number associated with the SIM.  This all happened about 11 hours ago.

Does anyone have any idea on what I need to do to get this up and running properly?  Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

@ATTU42M , any updates? Have you received a response back yet from a CS_Agent on the support ticket you sent them?

I would suggest resetting your network settings on your phone then rebooting it to see if that helps but it sounds like only a CS_Agent can fix it.

If you still haven’t heard from them maybe your support ticket has gotten lost! Instead send CS_Agent a private message instead & quote your support ticket # in the private message to them. This has been way too long of a wait.

ATTU42M

Good to know…thanks for the info…I'll continue to wait.

@ATTU42M   Submitting a ticket via the chatbot is supposed to be the quickest way to get support.  Sometimes the chatbot can be finicky in which case you can send a private message, but that's typically when people are unable to get the chatbot to submit a ticket.  Since you were successful in opening a ticket then I would give them a bit longer to respond, bearing in mind that their hours are 9 am. to 10 p.m. Eastern time.

ATTU42M

I'm new here, so I'm not up to speed. 

I have a problem with calls and texts on my phone...I've been down for 36 hours now...so after 12 hours, I went went through some script and got a ticket number that went to a service tech.   I now know that you can also send a message directly to service tech and get issues resolved.

My question is: does the ticket number make any difference...and how do I use the number since everything seems to be done with mail threads?

I haven't heard back from a service tech and thought that I might have done the wrong thing in getting a ticket #.

ATTU42M

OK...I'll hold off with the replies...

@ATTU42M wrote:

Thanks for the hope LitLdy...it's good to know that some issues are being resolved fairly quickly.  I have put a couple of replies on the ticket but no response yet.  But I'll put another one on if it helps...it would be good to understand how they pick tickets and if there is something we can do to escalate a ticket...

@ATTU42M , if you have already replied & more than once please wait. It may set your ticket back to wait longer.

ATTU42M

Thanks for the hope LitLdy...it's good to know that some issues are being resolved fairly quickly.  I have put a couple of replies on the ticket but no response yet.  But I'll put another one on if it helps...it would be good to understand how they pick tickets and if there is something we can do to escalate a ticket...

@ATTU42M wrote:

I joined Public Mobile yesterday.  However, I cannot use my phone...I've put in a ticket and have had no response.  I've been down (can't call or text) for 19 hours.  Is this normal response time (no response yet)?  Is there a way to speed this process up a bit?

@ATTU42M , that’s a long wait! I submitted a support ticket this morning & I received a message back within 1 hour! In the same message the CS_Agent let me know the issue was fixed for me!

I would go to your message inbox sent folder & reply to that support ticket there asking for an update for a response back if it has been that long. I know there’s longer than normal wait times but I received a fairly quick response.

ATTU42M

Lol...next time you get someone asking how they can help, please ask them to address my issue...

Renderdc

I am checking as many places as I can. Sometimes I see a red dot over the bell and just a few minutes ago I saw a red dot over the envelope but it wasn't a support agent. I also check my email as most reply's and messages have been going there as well.

That is odd, I'm sure they cant ignore messages.  They must have a target. Everyone signs on differently and with different devices. I use my cell phone so when I sign in, it shows #.  But  have to click on my Avatar to see Private messages. Once I click on my Avatar, a number is there for messages.  Are you checking that and not just the bell?

Ok I see your photo. Don't know what to tell you. I also saw confirmation that someone else messaged them today re their account and they responded.  I'm 😞 

Renderdc

Well that just blows my mind. They obviously don't want to touch my situation. I haven't been rude or crazy. Just extremely inconvenienced, and not to mention I have lost hundreds of dollars do to not having a my old phone number.

Funny I got a message from them 2 hours ago asking how they can help me. I messaged back that I didn't ask for help. Twenty minutes ago they messaged back saying ok they will close the ticket then?

ATTU42M

Thanks for the feedback…doesn't sound good…

Renderdc

I have been down for 5 days. Not a peep from any support agent. I am sorry you're going through the same garbage from this company.

Ok hang tight🤞

ATTU42M

Thanks for the feedback.  It's nice to get some sort of response.

Yes, I have been checking my messages...nothing yet.

Lately,  nothing is normal around here anymore.  It is said that the normal response time is 2 hours give or take a few minutes. 

But last week there was an announcement from the Community Manager staying longer than usual wait times.

Did you check your messages?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ATTU42M

I joined Public Mobile yesterday.  However, I cannot use my phone...I've put in a ticket and have had no response.  I've been down (can't call or text) for 19 hours.  Is this normal response time (no response yet)?  Is there a way to speed this process up a bit?

ATTU42M

Thanks for the advice...I opened a ticket and now waiting.  That makes sense as I believe the acitivation got interupted after the number was ported.  If I try to log into my account, it puts me right back into the activation process...but it has an err XXX and tells me to go back to the previous page...which I can't...and I did call the porting department while waiting and they said that the number was ported and just needs to be assigned.

@ATTU42M wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.  What should I do in this case.

@ATTU42M 

if you cannot even make outgoing calls, it is a sim provisioning issue.  Easy fix for support , please engage them by ticket. 

Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

ATTU42M

Thanks for the feedback.  What should I do in this case.

@ATTU42M @TheSterlinger 

Not being able to make phone calls or send text messages isn't a number porting issue. The Telus number porting team should not be contacted for these types of situations.

ATTU42M

Thanks for the advice.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ATTU42M  

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

If that doesn’t work you can always send  direct  private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @ATTU42M 

That sounds like a porting problem. I will private message you the porting department’s phone number. Check your inbox by clicking your profile and clicking messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.