cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving any incoming phone calls for days

lola3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just realized that my phone hasn't been able to receive incoming calls. Multiple people have told me they've tried calling but it doesn't go through. And I get absolutely 0 notifications on my phone that theres a call. I tested it with my friends phone by calling my phone. It cuts straight to voicemail and I have 0 notifications that there was a call attempted to be made on my phone. Please help. 

15 REPLIES 15

kevinchung25

Did you just recently switch carriers?  If so you need to ask the new carrier to reset their network.  After they reset their network, the carrier will send a SMS pin.  It will ask you to type "YES" to reply to the SMS message.  After the carrier acknowledges your request, they will be able to reset the network for you.  Then afterwards, restart your phone, and everything should be working!  Hope that helps! 

@lola3   what kind of phone is that? brand and model?

is that a " new" phone that you just tried for couple days?

Please start with  "Reset all network" and see if it works

If not, you might need to consider to Reset the phone (wipe the phone) 

lola3

But nothing happened when I reinserted my sim card into my own phone. 

No @lola3 , it may just be the SIM making a reconnect to the network by removing and reinserting.

You may not need a new phone … unless you want to.

lola3

Put my SIM into another phone and received incoming calls and texts even that i wasnt on my old phone. problem solved time for new phone. thanks !!!!

lola3

So i put my sim card in another phone (new iphone) and i got a bunch of missed texts and voicemails and tested with an incoming call to my number and it worked. Time for a new phone i guess. Thank you for the help!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lola3 

It sounds like a provisional issue since you have been with PM for years.

If you have another phone that you can try switching the SIM to see if it works.

If it doesn’t, contact a CS_Agent and they will have a Technician look into it for you.

If it does, it could be the phone and have it checked out at an Apple Store.

HI @lola3 

Your data is working? outbound calls no problem?

Please reboot your phone once.  And try to change the network to 3G, it should work

lola3

No been using the same phone for a year. It's iPhone 7

@lola3 

For calls going straight to Voicemail, try these fixes:

1. ensure airplane mode is not enabled

2. ensure do not disturb is not enabled

3. ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list

4. disable any call-forwarding features/settings

5. turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers

6. remove and reinsert your SIM card

7. reset network connections

@lola3 wrote:

I have been a public mobile customer for years. This issue i noticed started a few days ago maybe a week. 

@lola3 - did you recently obtain a new phone? What model is it?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lola3 - if this was not a port over to public mobile other things to try:

• check that you do not have any contacts blocked in the calling app of your phone
  • also confirm you are accepting all calls and not just contacts in your contact list, this also will be in the calling app settings
  • Try restarting your phone
  • remove your SIM card and try it in another device to see if incoming calls work
  • if they work in another phone, insert your SIM back into your phone...if still issues, perform a reset of the network settings on your phone
  • try toggling into out of airplane mode

lola3

I have been a public mobile customer for years. This issue i noticed started a few days ago maybe a week. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lola3   I assume you are not new activation lately with porting number in PM?  

If you have been PM customers for sometimes and incoming calls just stopped working, try the following  one at a time :

1. restart your phone

2. try to change your Preferred network to 3G only and see if it works

3. reseat your sim card.  Power off the phone, take sim out for a min and put it back and power on

4. try your pm sim card in another phone

5. try testing in another area , just in case it is only a network issue at your particular area

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lola3 - did you recently port over to Public Mobile? If so, did you accept the SMS text on your other provider's SIM card within 90 minutes?

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.