cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia X10 Compatibility

aandrej
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently referred a friend to Public who needs to buy a new phone soon and has decided on the Nokia X10 (Nokia X10 - Full phone specifications (gsmarena.com)) because it checks the boxes for 3.5 jack, FM radio, USB C, etc.

I checked the bands and it seems that it should work with Public, just wanted to put this out there in case anyone has something we should know about the compatibility of the phone (since it is primarily sold in Europe and internationally)

6 REPLIES 6

@aandrej  talk and text would be working fine.  Voice only travel on 3G for PM, text works on both 3G and LTE

Long term wise, 3G will be gone and we will be all using VoLTE, and that is the time this phone will NOT work nice on voice calls

And yes, if data is not critical for you, you should be fine for now.

aandrej
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's got the HSPA bands, but only has bands 5 and 7 for 4G (missing band 2 and AWS). For the record the previous phone is a ZTE Axon 7 that's also missing band 2 (but does have AWS) and works fine as is. I know AWS is mostly used for mobile data, so is it reasonable to expect good talk/text nevertheless?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aandrej   The phone will "kind of work here, but I would avoid using it as a daily phone.  It just does not have enough frequencies for stable connection for daily use

Here is the frequencies the phone has, BOLD are the compatible bands

3g: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

4G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41

You should get a phone with as many of these PM's bands:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

@MrSpock wrote:

@aandrej hi personaly I would stay away from European or international phones 

@MrSpock @aandrej  I have bought and used numerous "international" phones from a variety of manufacturers and never experienced any issues with them. As long as you make sure it supports frequencies that your carrier uses you will be fine.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz (band 5), 1900 MHz (band 2) and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).

HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/check-your-phones-compatibility

https://willmyphonework.net/

As long as phone supports these frequencies, it should work. Ideally, try PM SIM in that phone to be 100% sure.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aandrej hi personaly I would stay away from European or international phones 

Need Help? Let's chat.