cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sim card

bsbroughton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ordered sim card Dec. 28 and am still waiting. My Koodoo renewal is now only days away

6 REPLIES 6

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have read the same complaint by an other member. I would ask for a free replacement. On two separate occasions  had ordered SIM cards through eBay from a Montreal supplier that still sells them for $5 each with no strings attached----- both times they arrived from Montreal to Toronto within 2 to 3 days.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bsbroughton 

If you Koodo plan is postpaid plan, it will be prorated but not prepaid plan.

As others have indicated, you can go into a Telus/Koodo store and pickup a PM SIM. 
Canadian Cell Supplies online have the SIM on sale for $4 and you can arrange for pickup in the Oakville/Mississauga area.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bsbroughton 

Do you have a koodo prepaid or postpaid account? You can port from koodo without active service by contacting customer support. You must activate with a temporary phone number** anyways if you have a prepaid koodo account as only customer support can transfer the phone number for you.

Since you are now at the 3 week mark with no sign of your Sim card I would contact customer support and arrange for a credit/refund on the original order and a credit for the full price Sim card (or they send you a free Sim card as your original order offered) you now need to purchase at a telus, koodo or some mobile klinik stores (call ahead to confirm they have stock and the price does not exceed $10+tax). Once you have activated your newly purchased Sim card you can then contact customer support to submit your Sim card reciept for credit reimbursement and arrange your phone number transfer from koodo prepaid.

**Choose an Alberta phone number to save up to 10% in sales tax by only paying gst on your activation plan. Once your phone number is transferred to your account you will pay the full provincial taxes based on the area code of your phone number. Manually top up beforehand if you wish to save a little more the number transfer.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bsbroughton true, it has 3 weeks, open a ticket with PM and see if support willing to do anything, like reimburse the cost if you decide to buy another one from store 

open ticket with PM support :

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Sim card order", then click "Contact Us",  then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bsbroughton  well that’s certainly more then 3 weeks wanna do as @softech  suggested and get to Telus /Koodo store so you can port your number , or your gonna have to wait and pay another month with Koodo …and when the original pm SIM card arrives you can use your referral code to get a friend or family on board and save you both some $

softech
Oracle
Oracle

sorry @bsbroughton sim card order from PM could take as many as 3 weeks to deliver, and no refund for sim orders 

you might want to get another PM sim in person from Telus or Koodo store if you need it quick 

Need Help? Let's chat.