cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

mdesi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son’s phone has had no service since last night & when I try calling his number, it says the call commit be completed as dialed instead of going to his voicemail.  Any suggestions on what could be the problem? I’ve checked my account and seems good there & I’ve restarted his phone. At first it showed no service and after restarting it just says searching where the network name usually shows. Not sure what else to do? Today’s his birthday and no one can text or call him.

23 REPLIES 23

@mdesi   I would open a ticket with PM Support and have them to double check, or re-provision your SIM from the system:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

mdesi

It seems it may have been a temporary fix. Service is down again this morning. 

mdesi

It’s an iPhone 6.

Good to hear you were able to resolve it @mdesi . I do think that's odd that it was also preventing calls from going to voicemail... Anyhow, switching the SIM into another phone would have triggered some kind of account reprovisioning mechanisms on the server side without having to contact CS agents to do it from their side. Hopefully it doesn't act up again anytime soon!

@mdesi   thanks for reporting back.  It might be a pain to reset the phone, but glad it works

What brand of phone is that?

mdesi

I was able to get the SIM to work in another phone. I did a full reset on the original phone and it is now working again so it may have been a phone issue after all. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mdesi 

You need a new sim card if customer support cannot reprovision the SIM card. Save the receipt and remit it to customer support for a credit on the account. SIM cards do fail....they are not infallible.

@lcampbell 

You should probably do the same.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Hi @mdesi 

your son business and emergency phone needs the dad to about?

If it is a network issue, it will happen to any provider and not just Public Mobile.

Open a ticket with CS agent first and see what they come back with 

mdesi

That’s no good. I’ll have to find a more reliable provider for him if that’s the case. His phone is mainly for emergencies & because we don’t have a landline at home.

I put in a support ticket & they have refreshed his network settings on their end twice now and it’s still not fixing it. 

lcampbell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been having this issue as well. It's a network connection problem. I've talked to customer service several times. This started about 2 months ago. It got resolved after 5 days but the rep was not sure how. Now it seems every week for a day or two it goes down again and then just comes back. Customer service can't figure it out. So annoying.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mdesi 

In almost every scenario presented you should still be able to connect to voicemail by default. If it's not blacklisted. Possibly the SIM card has just died? Unusual....I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure that would affect the ability to call forward to voicemail. Try calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter his 10 digit phone number just to see what it says....but I think your sons birthday card should probably contain a brand new unactivated SIM card.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

mdesi

No outages listed in our area. 

@mdesi 

Depending on your location, there could be a Telus outage. To be sure, check the outages map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

mdesi

Just tried going through a bunch of the suggestions…

The account is under my name because he’s a teenager. The account has been active for 2 years on autopay, all payments are up to date and it says active. He’s never had an issue before. It’s the same phone he’s been using for 2 years as well and was my phone before it was his. The numbers on the SIM match the account. I pulled it and put it back in after 10 minutes and still just says searching. I checked the link & it’s not blacklisted.

im trying to track down a phone to try the sim in. 
we’re heading out for lunch in another town shortly so I can check then to see if location has anything to do it. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You have checked your account, but have you checked his self serve account to see the status?

@mdesi  -

Try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily), does this help calls and texts come in/out?

Check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

This is probably not the case...but just to be sure...Check if the last 4-digits of your son's SIM card match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found under "Change Sim Card" option under the My Profile section.

If the 4-digits DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on his account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away, and check your financials. And submit a ticket to CSA to let them know.

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

If services worked before for your son, and you have checked above and other suggestions provided by others, submit a ticket to Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) to check the account.

CSA can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@mdesi wrote:

It’s my son’s phone that is with Public Mobile & he cannot make or receive any calls or texts from anyone.  His phone wont connect to the network for some reason.  It seems like more than just a connection issue though since people can’t leave him a voicemail either. 

@mdesi  I would ask him to check the blacklist with my line above

Another way to check is if it is going out today, see if he can connect in another area away from where he is now.  Could be a network issue

Also, the best is to put the PM SIM in another phone and you can confirm if it is a device/SIM problem or account/network

mdesi

It’s my son’s phone that is with Public Mobile & he cannot make or receive any calls or texts from anyone.  His phone wont connect to the network for some reason.  It seems like more than just a connection issue though since people can’t leave him a voicemail either. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mdesi   just a peace of mind, check if your phone is blacklisted here

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Can your son check if his service is Active. Through self-serving account.

How long was he PM customer? Did he paid last bill?

He can try one of these remedies:

- Reboot device

- Reset network connections

- Toggle airplane mode on/off

- Re-seat - remove SIM for a few minutes and then reinsert SIM card back

Did he buy phone used or brand new? Could somebody blacklist his phone?

Can he try his SIM in another phone. Maybe phone just died...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mdesi  Try reseating your SIM

Or if you have another phone around, put your PM SIM card there and see if it works

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mdesi  - Has he ever been able to receive calls without issue before?

Does texts in/out, calling out and data work?

Is the do not disturb (DND) option turned on accidentally on his phone? (this should actually go to voicemail...if he has voicemail set up..)🤔

And, is this a new or existing Public Mobile account?

Edit, good that you checked his account, and seems status is Active, right?

Try removing and reinstalling his SIM card.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Slow down, can you call someone else or just not your son?

Need Help? Let's chat.